new breed' of criminals

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Blubba

Postby Blubba » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:27 pm

asiwalkedout wrote:i'm half welsh and half spanish so watch what you say - it's a fiery combination! :lol:


Are you a member of the Tafia then :wink:

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:05 pm

Postby asiwalkedout » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 pm

if that's a combination of taf and mafia, well then no, as the mafia is Italian and not Spanish :wink:
don't turn your dream into reality or it could turn in to your worst nightmare!

Marina
Resident
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:19 pm
Location: Canillas De Aceituno

Postby Marina » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:05 pm

Last year my son had his roller blades stolen from the skate park in Nerja.
All we could tell the police was that it was 2 Spanish lads on a moto, a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack! Less than an hour later the police phoned to say they had recovered the skates and knew who the lads were. It certainly impressed me!

User avatar
daneinspain
Resident
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:48 am
Location: Marbella Born and Bred (For better or worse!)

Postby daneinspain » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:09 pm

I said that wealthier people are the ones who need protection from thieves because think about it.... What do poor people have that a criminal would want to steal?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:47 pm

daneinspain wrote:I said that wealthier people are the ones who need protection from thieves because think about it.... What do poor people have that a criminal would want to steal?


Their eyeballs and sockets, pension money or anything the scum can sell to other poor people in order to get EASY money. These criminals are not 'Gentleman' burglars living the Riviera lifestyle. They are m ore likely to be sad drug soddened scum who care for no-one but themselves, who will always take the easy option when robbing. You only have to look at some of the old people who have been beaten to a pulp for a few pounds to know that there is nothing in the least romantic about these lowlife parasites.

pete_l
Resident
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Benamaurel, Granada

Postby pete_l » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:31 pm

daneinspain wrote:I said that wealthier people are the ones who need protection from thieves because think about it.... What do poor people have that a criminal would want to steal?


In the UK (and I can think of no reason why anywhere else would
be different), records show that most burglaries take place in low-income
areas. The reason is that the burglars themselves live in these places and
therefore know their way about.
I would expect that street-crimes such as muggings/pickpockets are
against people who "flash the cash" or make it easy, by leaving
bags unattended or wallets/handbags easily grab-able.
So far as simple, random violence goes: it would just be a case of
being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's reasonable to expect
wealthier people to choose safer locations, making the less well-off
the more likely victims here, too.

Pete

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12107
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Postby katy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm

I agree spanish hopes. In the UK an eighty year old woman living nearby was burgled three times in a year and she had nothing, took things like cheap jewellery, portable TV etc the thieves were local yobs from the village. Much more traumatic for her than for someone well-heeled and insured who can go out and pay for yet more security.

:shock: woops wrong post order again

User avatar
daneinspain
Resident
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:48 am
Location: Marbella Born and Bred (For better or worse!)

Postby daneinspain » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:07 pm

I said before I am talking about the new eastern european/south american/arab military trained thieves operating on the coast. The old type are nothing to worry about, Ill happily tackle them... Its just the new type and they are as i said military trained and know what to go for, they blow up safes and make no noise.[/quote]

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Sorry dane, you are watching too many movies. A thief is a thief and the 'old style' are just as dangerous because they go for the weakest target. There have always been 'Blaggers' whether military trained or not but they account for a great deal less of the crime, and are much less likely to blow you away in a panic.

User avatar
daneinspain
Resident
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:48 am
Location: Marbella Born and Bred (For better or worse!)

Postby daneinspain » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:31 pm

Ok well explain to me then why the guardia civil are scared of them, why they insist this is a new breed of criminals and why they have killed and traumatised many people throughout spain. Trust me, they are a new breed old thieves didnt blow up safes in a silent way, enter rooms of people who are sleaping, gas them, sometimes attack them if they feel like it and much much more. Im not putting this up for argument I know well what Im saying, Im warning people.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:03 pm

Yes OK dane, I'll bow to your greater and in depth knowledge. Especially about silent explosives. :roll:

Geraint G
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Geraint G » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:07 am

spanish hopes wrote:
Grouser wrote:What have you guys got against Wales? Great beaches, surfing and if you're lucky, sun.


The Welsh. :lol: :lol: :wink:


Is it just the Welsh, spanish hopes? Any other nationalities you want to be offensive to?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:47 am

The finns aren't too good either are they tops.

frank
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 3784
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:18 am

Postby frank » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51 am

Geraint G wrote:
spanish hopes wrote:
Grouser wrote:What have you guys got against Wales? Great beaches, surfing and if you're lucky, sun.


The Welsh. :lol: :lol: :wink:


Is it just the Welsh, spanish hopes? Any other nationalities you want to be offensive to?


As I've said before, he's consistent, he's got a bad word to say about everyone! Because I live in Wales, he keeps refering to me as Welsh, so I guess I must be! He's never been wrong yet! ;-)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: Spain, somewhere near Malaga~ish

Postby chrisuk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:53 pm

daneinspain wrote:Ok well explain to me then why the guardia civil are scared of them, Im not putting this up for argument I know well what Im saying, Im warning people.
How come then we arnt hearing more of this in the papers, tv and othr sites on the net, is it not possible there is a small gang going around "possibly" doing as described, as for the police being afraid that is somewhat troubling to read and grasp, if this was the case I think the army would be brought in to clear up the potential threat, as for the warning bit there is no arm in doing so, I think as usual its been blown out of proportion which us brits just love to do for some odd and unknown reason, as in the UK just be on the lookout for unusual activity and report it to the Gardia, just dont do the brit thing and grass up your neighbour because of his car being parked on the skew..


Return to “Living in Andalucia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests