Personal Security

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.

I feel safer in Andalucia

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 31

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:39 pm

well said frank. thats exactly the thing - if you are from london and move to "el campo" then you´ll feel safer. wether the campo is in spain or the uk. the same works in reverse.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:47 pm

So you aren't that impressed with Spain then spanishlad. :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:01 pm

whatever gives you that idea Sñr. Hopes? i´m just educating the "head-in-sand" brigade of newbies we seem to inherited.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:10 am

Frank please remember that when you say
as Silver tells us
that you should not quote your twisted interpretation of what I say.
spanish_lad
SPAIN IS NOT A NICE PLACE TO LIVE.
I can not agree with you..perhaps its time you returned to your home land... THE GRASS IS GREENER! :o unless you are in Jail you are free to leave, why continue to live/holiday somewhere you do not like...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

jules 2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jules 2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Kevin 77

The people in Sotogrande do pay for their security. Sotogrande is a resort not a town.
I know plenty of people in & around Sotogrande that work very hard to be able to afford a holiday/permanent home in this area of the coast.
jules 2

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:05 pm

Yes Jules, I went to Sotogrande once and can confirm its definitely not a town of any description, its also handy for the Gibraltar border and many successful local 'businessmen' have ploughed their profits into property there.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:09 pm

Kevin77.

Just like to let you know I don't have sky, I loathe Murdoch and would not give him the drippings from your nose not alone mine.

Spanish Lad.

I don't think I need any education from a boy that seems to spend a lot of his time moaning and whinging about his sad life. If it's that bad do something to change it! I don't have my head in the sand and I am well aware that not everything here is perfect but my life here is better than it was in the England I left behind.

Mhic.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:43 pm

Kevin77 and spanish_lad, perhaps frank could find you both a home and a job in the wonderful village where he lives...you could all have so much fun whinging together. :)

jules 2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jules 2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Kevin

as you are so knowledgable about security, crime & dodgy business activities, maybe you should devote a chapter on these topics in your book in progress? :lol: Might just spice it up a little.
jules 2

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Sorry jules I can't agree. The age groups that the Janet and John books are written for don't need spicy text.

jules 2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jules 2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Hopes

maybe we're missing something here........Janet & John could be code names :wink:
jules 2

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:06 pm

mhic wrote:Spanish Lad.

I don't think I need any education from a boy that seems to spend a lot of his time moaning and whinging about his sad life. If it's that bad do something to change it! I don't have my head in the sand and I am well aware that not everything here is perfect but my life here is better than it was in the England I left behind.

Mhic.
[thread spewing off on a tangent and will probably get erased]so what about your life here is better than the life that you had in the uk ? that wasn´t the question ! the question was wether you feel safer or not. if you adress that question what is your answer?[/thread spewing off on a tangent and will probably get erased]
jules 2 wrote:Hopes

maybe we're missing something here........Janet & John could be code names
;) you never know ... ;)

silver wrote:I can not agree with you..perhaps its time you returned to your home land... THE GRASS IS GREENER! Surprised unless you are in Jail you are free to leave, why continue to live/holiday somewhere you do not like...
maybe so, but i dont have that option. i dont have to explain myself to you, but this is NOT the point of the thread. the question was "do you feel safer".. not have a go at spanish_lad cos you dont agree with what he says..

why dont you all get your heads out of the sand! jeeezus, dont any of you have anything constructive to say rather than taking the *beep* out of me ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:33 pm

:roll:
Last edited by spanish_lad on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 pm

(brouser, i noticed that.. weird! so i moved it :D lol )

thankyou grouser, at last a sensible reply. i understand where you are coming from. perhaps i was slightly "premature" with the "not nice" comment, its more that spain is not "as good" as everyone thinks. thats more what i was trying to say.

i wouldn´t say that spain is "full stop" not nice - i would say that spain is not the "heaven", the "dreamland" that everyone thinks. on the surface it seems like we are getting the better deal as apposed to living in the uk...but look deeper and into the social and economic aspect and perhaps you will start to see differently.

but thats another thread. do you feel safe in spain ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:43 pm

:shock: whats going on with the forum !

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:12 pm

I would say Spanish Lad has it just about right except for the remark about Spain not being a nice place to live. You want a place that is not nice to live try Guantanamo Bay . Spain is pretty much on a par with any western european country. they all share the same kind of major social problems and have generally the same sort of social benefits. Sure there are local variations but they are of no great consequence, at least not compared to going to almost anywhere else in the world. We don't know how lucky we are.
Grouser

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:29 pm

Our postings still seem to be suffering the time warp effect.
Grouser

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:20 pm

Another way how I look at it is ths way, would I prefer the USA to Spain....well being here for starters answers it all, I wont go any furter on the subject..

Cheers

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:20 am

dont any of you have anything constructive to say
Por favor..if you really believe that what yousay is constructive...then dear boy..you need your head seeing to.
i dont have that option.
What :shock: wont they let you go back..
Oh and back to the question..yes I feel safe here.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:44 am

and yet again i'm made to feel unwelcome, thankyou silver...

i am entitled to an opinion, am i not? any opinion, any view, if offering advice or information is constructive, is it not ?? but people take the *beep* just because they dont agree ??

ahh whatever, why dont you all get on with it. you all seem happy here. pour me another g&t on ur terrace will you ? ;)