ordering computer stuff online

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

ordering computer stuff online

Postby surfjabroni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:39 pm

hi everyone
In the UK there are companies like www.dabs.com www.amazon.co.uk for ordering eveything to do with computers. Does anyone use any websites based in SPAIN or sites that delivery to spain without crazy delivery costs?
The reason i ask is that i find all local computer shops, including PC city very much lacking behind the times in quality stock, advice & information. I live in chiclana on costa de la luz.
cheers
Andy
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby surfjabroni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:11 pm

further to this i just did a search on the internet for a particular laptop wireless card... I found various online shops in both countries:
in the uk online it would cost 42pounds +p & p
in spain online it would cost 106euros + p & p

so comparing like for like Spain is twice the cost!
ouch
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm

well according to all the coffin dodging g&t drinkers on here spain is cheaper than the uk, so obviously you must be wrong :roll:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:19 pm

Try http://www.alternate.es/html/index.html

Their prices are competitive and they charge around 10 euros for delivery next day which is COD.

I have used them many times with no problems.

Another alternative for all things electronic is www.pixmania.com

Sid

Mariamartinez
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariamartinez » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:23 pm

Dear all,
I would say DELL if you do like DELL products. I have bought from them and it took about 4 days to get the stuff intomy house from Ireland, I think. They use Ups. Prices are worth to be considerated.
Hope this is useful

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

dell

Postby surfjabroni » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:18 pm

i agree Dell are good BUT I found the UPS service delivering to an Urbanization in Chicana very poor in locating addresses.
andy

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:19 am

dell are good unless you want to "upgrade" anything in the pc, i believe they use "specific" components?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:05 am

spanish_lad wrote:dell are good unless you want to "upgrade" anything in the pc, i believe they use "specific" components?
It depends on what you mean by "upgrade". I have changed CD/DVD drives and hard disks and also added memory and new graphics cards etc. The cases are sometimes non standard and this may present a problem changing the motherboard or power supply but I have never needed to do that.

Sid

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:48 pm

Get all my blank disks etc form Bigpockets, with ordering in bulk i save a lot of money compared to buying blanks here, postage is £14 per order no matter how much you buy.

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 pm

that looks cheap - i buy my cdrs in alhaurin, 25 for €5. it´s probably worth ordering from them if you buy alot :)

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Just bought 100 from Tesco, for £9.97 (50 for £9.97 Buy One get one free), and DVD-r for £9.97 for 25 Buy one get one free. I guess I will need to stock up before I move over.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:58 pm

DVDs and CDs are very expensive in Spain as there is a special levy on them. Every DVD costs 70 cents extra and a CD 28 cents. Its like a performing rights charge for the audio CDs that you rip.

I buy from www.ukdvdr.co.uk

They sell DVDs (16x) for under £10 for 50.

Best bought in the UK as postage to Spain is pricey. They also do really cheap ink. I pay 69 pence for an Epson cartridge for a 6 colour printer. Epson want £11.

Sid