Living in Andalucia - Lebrija

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bernipops
Tourist

Living in Andalucia - Lebrija

Postby Bernipops » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:17 pm

Hello to everyone.

Has anyone bought a house (currently building plots) in Lebrija? We have taken the plunge as it appears to be an up and coming area and are quite excited about it. If so, and you are interested in exchanging views etc then please let me know.

Regards, Bernipops :)

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

lebrija

Postby anyroads » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:18 am

Did you purchase via Mercers by the way ?

Bernipops
Tourist

Living in Adalucia

Postby Bernipops » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:47 am

Yes we have brought the house through Mercers. Have you brought one?

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Afraid so......

Was out there from Friday 17th March until the Sunday. Outside of the Reservation contract, I have not seen anything yet, but HIFX are keen to do business for the Euros I will need, can't get too excited about FX movements though.

Bernipops
Tourist

Living in Adalucia

Postby Bernipops » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:49 am

We have shopped around and found HIFX to tbe the most competitve and have placed a market order with them. I think the rate went up slightly yesterday so we are keeping our fingers crossed. What did you think of Lebrija town? We thought it was lovely and can't wait to get back there and explore and hope to do this in October although it is proving difficult to find a hotel near there. We also liked Jerez.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Yes I liked Lebrija and Jerez.

Where are you on the Mercers plan ? and how does the market order with HIFX work ?, i.e have you had your 10% odd contract, and how do you time it with HIXF ?.

I did try and look up accomodation in Lebriza, but Cadiz appeared to come up every time.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:20 pm

Call me cynical but this thread is looking like an advertising spiel! Bit early to be looking at HIFX if you are still at this stage.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 pm

Yes Katy,

But not having access to EUROS, you have to get them from somewhere when you need to make stage payments.

It so happens Mercers put some information on HIFX in their packs. Working for one of the big uk clearing banks (whom HIFX actually bank with ), I could match any rate I get from HIFX, it's just I do not like people at work knowing my business.