Help Translation

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:24 am

I'm up for lessons, I'm keen to improve! Bring 'em on!
Having given up waiting for Silver to name these diccionaries, a search finds a malacitano dictionary (http://diccionariomalacitano.sobrerailes.com/) which gives the following.

saborío-Desaborido.

Apologies to the lady whose thread was hijacked, it was going well until Silver weighed in with his usual valuable contribution.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:28 am

Apologies to the lady whose thread was hijacked, it was going well until Silver weighed in with his usual valuable contribution
Correction Frank. It was going well until you had your usual sarcastic dig at silver. You do this in most threads then have the cheek to complain about trolls.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:25 pm

What's SPO Hopes doing in a thread about translation?
Everybody knows he couldn't order a hamburger without his laptop and PowerTranslator. :roll: Even then, he struggles a bit, but at least he's making an effort to integrate......
'No sir, this is a post office! we dont sell food!' was the latest outcome of his 'total immersion' into Spanish language and culture. :lol:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Tue May 02, 2006 12:47 am

kevin77 wrote:
Why should Frank have to translate things to you?, he lives in Wales and has joined the forum to improve his Spanish! You apparently live there don't you?, it seems right that you should be giving him a lesson. :oops:
What makes you think I live in Wales Kevin :?: :shock:

and why should Frank want or need a Spanish lesson from me when he is doing so well on his own. :?:

P.S. Spanish Hopes would rather starve than order a burger.

Mariamartinez
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariamartinez » Fri May 05, 2006 8:08 pm

silver wrote:frank...tan saborio como siempre...
here you could say something like:

"... tan resabido como siempre..." it is very similar and also colloquial. Ive been reading about this .. so you started calling poor frank resabido and then soso... Im sure anyone meant to hurt him , jajaja! you seem to like controversy so much...

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri May 05, 2006 9:00 pm

Saborio.- Persona desagradable. Antipático.
Saborio adj. Esaborio. Of bitter, anti-social disposition.
No harm intended, just giving him a taste of his own medicine.
I prefer positive to negative, I like to laugh :lol: and smile:) , his constant whinging :x and snide remarks, and pompous attitude... he can not say a positive word without ending with a negative... Live in Wales and holidays in Andalucia, calles people who chose to live on the coast "the bucket and spade brigade" only the places he visits are worth it, everyone else has rose colored glasses and are fools for living in Spain... struggles always to try and prove the the UK is best..but as soon as he can he gets his flight out here.
He just loves to correct others and twist others words in a effort to make himself sound important...En el fondo me da lastima..
:cry: :cry: :cry:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Michaelinland
Andalucia.com Amigo

Thankyou

Postby Michaelinland » Sat May 06, 2006 10:42 am

To all of those who respectfully replied.

To the others who have once again turned a serious topic into a slanging match grow up.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon May 08, 2006 6:23 pm

I have trouble deciphering what he writes most of the time
Your trouble is in your deciphering as you tend to read through the lines, that does explain why you often quote me wrongly. I always thought you twisted and change things to suit yourself..now I realise the problem is yours.
It´s really quite simple..when I say sometimes it does not mean all the time...as some or most does not mean all.. please take note if you wish to quote things I have said as I find it most anoying when you quote me with something I have not said.
P.S. please forgive spelling mistakes as the ol cow is not working. :roll:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.