New owner looking for help & advice !

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

New owner looking for help & advice !

Postby chrissiehope » Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm

We recently bought a 'Casa de Campo' (little house in the country !) in central Andalucia (not far from Antequera, near Archidona), and it is currently being reformed so it can be used as either one house or two apartments (depending on requirements). Following my experiences in a wheelchair last year (having broken my ankle in Spain), we are trying to make the ground floor 'apartment' as wheelchair friendly as we reasonably can.

Although it's early days yet, there are various aspects of Spanish property owning that we would welcome advice on, namely:

Can anyone recommend good Insurers ?
Can anyone recommend a good haulage company (not necessarily house removals at this stage)
Can anyone recommend a good lettings and/or management company

Also, are there any pitfalls to watch out for, or any tips that would make our project easier ? All help gratefully received

Cheers,
Chris

Marina
Resident

I forgot to add...

Postby Marina » Mon May 08, 2006 7:10 pm

For insurance we use Intasure tel 0845 111 0680. I can't remember the web address but it will come up on Google. The policy was very reasonable but We've never made a claim so I don't know what they would be like.
Marina.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon May 08, 2006 7:12 pm

I've sent you a pm with some web addresses and that last post was supposed to add to it, but I clicked the wrong place. So you now have half an answer here and half in a pm :oops:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

insurance

Postby chrissiehope » Mon May 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi Marina,

...and you've got half a reply on here & half in a PM !!

Thanks - I will have a look at Intasure - the name rings a bell, so I must have seen it on the Net somewhere !!

Cheers,
Chris

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Tue May 09, 2006 12:25 pm

We got our house insurance through the local bank, but like Marina, have yet to put it to the test. Given how other things on that kind of level work in Spain, I pray we never have to.
Grouser

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

insurance

Postby chrissiehope » Tue May 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi Grouser,

Thanks for this - every bit of info is useful at this stage !!

(hope your username doesn't mean you are unhappy out there !!)
Cheers,
Chris

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Tue May 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Not out there at the moment I'm afraid, looking out of the office window at a rather grey day, but at least spring with its lush greens and wildflowers, is here with a bang. Thinking back I am sure there was a previous thread on house insurance. You may want try the search facility on this site. Good luck
Grouser