VAN REQUIRED

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

VAN REQUIRED

Postby waterlily » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:50 pm

H there,

We have finally sold our house in the UK and need to bring our remaining furniture etc over. Does anyone know if its cheaper to hire a van here rather than the uk, at least its not got to be returned to the UK after the event.
If any one has any advice on the best way to do this or have any other suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Waterlily x

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Van Hire in UK

Postby Liz Fox » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:05 am

Hi. You might find it different now - but when we tried to hire a van in the UK we weren't allowed to take it abroad. However, Spanish hire vans do not have that restriction. Maybe that should be the first question you ask - of the UK hire companies.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi Liz, I don't know if this idea is of any use to you but, have you considered buying a van in Spain, taking care of your moving business, then selling it when you get back to Spain, a friend of mine did this some years ago and actually broke even, ie in the end it cost him only petrol money, If I remember correctly he sold the van for more than he paid for it, might be worth thinking about.
Alternatively do you know anyone with a van who wants stuff bringing from the UK and would be prepared to loan you the van in exchange for your labour and trouble? :)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:21 pm

I would hire in Spain and at least when you have unloaded you only have to drop the van off locally and you can start to enjoy your new life without all the grief of having to drive back to the uk to return a hire vehicle

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

YEP THAT WILL DO FOR ME

Postby waterlily » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:16 pm

I LIKE THAT IDEA BEST OF ALL. ANYBODY GOT ANY NUMBERS LOCALLY OF VAN HIRE COMPANIES ETC.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN XX

WATERLILY

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:50 pm

Where is "locally" going to be, Waterlily?

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby waterlily » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:36 pm

SO SORRY HILLBILLY, TALK ABOUT FORGET THE IMPORTANT STUFF!!

WE ARE IN ALORA AT THE MOMENT BUT WILL BE MOVING TO YUNQUERA, WE GO TO THE NOTARY ON MONDAY SO AM LIKE A KID WITH A NEW TOY. LOL

THANKS

WATERLILY X

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 pm

yunquera ? unless ur outside the town, it cant be a long van ;) *most* of the streets are tiny.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby waterlily » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:33 pm

SMALL BUT PERFECTLY FORMED LOL.

WE ARE ON THE TRACK ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE VILLAGE.

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BUS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE VALLEY THERE?

WHEN ASKED HOW THE OWNER GOT IT DOWN THERE HE REPLIED I DONT KNOW I AIMED AND CLOSED MY EYES!!!!!

DONT U JUST LOVE IT!!!!!

WATERLILY X

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:44 pm

how´d the move go waterlilly ?

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving

Postby waterlily » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:15 am

Hi Spanishlad

Well, we are talking spain here!!! How long you got?

Solicitors still not got our NIE numbers despite power of attorney 2 months ago, Landlady increasing our rent by 300 euros a month coz she had us by the short and curlies knowing there was no point in us moving into somewhere else for 2 months, Mortgage Company not understanding anything about internet employment, Mortgage Company suddenly deciding they nor sure if they can finance a ' Rustico' property, Solicitors excuse for not sending copied documenation to mortgage Company 'We dont have a scanner', Vendors deciding that they would not increase the waiting period....ermmmmmmmmmmm...............

Sod it im going to Bugaria!!!!!

xxxxxxx

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

MOVING

Postby waterlily » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:28 am

Oh yes and one more thing,

Hubby returned to UK to collect our furniture etc etc and found that our tenants had done a moonlight with most of our furniture!!!!!! including resident Guinea pig and rabbit!!

Smile , Jesus loves you!

xx

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:22 pm

Blimey - and I thought I had troubles! Good luck with everything - hope it all turns out well in the end.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:15 am

Well, look on the bright side, you wont need the van now that your furniture has been moonlighted!!! Sorry bad taste but had to be said!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.