Money Transfer ( again)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
freecatsrus
Resident

Money Transfer ( again)

Postby freecatsrus » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm

I am sure this topic has been covered many times, just want recomendations of companies to use for transfering money from UK account to Spanish one ( Unicaja Bank).

Heard that some of them have agreement with banks for no charges, got hammered by Unicaja when first transfered money over here.

Looking for quick replies please, address, phone numbers, contacts, web site addy etc.

malagaman2005
Resident

Money transfer

Postby malagaman2005 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:39 pm

Yes covered many times, personal recommendation is currenciesdirect

No charges if you transfer £5000 or more and better rate than the banks.
Less than £5000 incurs a £15 charge

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:43 pm

I have used currencies direct and Moneycorp but I read an article at the weekend that compared all of them and it said HIFX give the best rates.

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

transfer companies

Postby neilinalcaucin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:13 pm

?I have used world first, currencies direct and hifx
I can recommend currencies direct for small ish to 10000 sterling or regular transfers (ask for gary steadman - hes good ans will beat other companies if you ask )
if you are looking at transfer over 10k i recommend currencies.co.uk- if you need a name here let me know and i'll send you a name of their business development bod - hes a friend of a friend and is helpful in beating ohter deals.

regards
Neil
Know you tried, effort always shows.

MiriamO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MiriamO » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:49 pm

Do these work both ways please? By that I mean Spain to the UK as well as UK to Spain?

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby neilinalcaucin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:38 pm

certainly currencies direct do and world first do i think
Know you tried, effort always shows.

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:38 pm

Trouble i am having with Currencies direct is because i do not have a UK address they need to see proof of who i am and where i live.

Just in case i am money laundering ha ha ha. Told them only looking to transfer £5000.

They want me to take all my proof of i.d into their office in Porta Banus, about 2 hours drive for me, not very practical, won't accept faxed or e-mail proof.
Any one got details of others,apart from the names of them?

malagaman2005
Resident

Money transfer

Postby malagaman2005 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:34 pm

I think you will find that you will have to do that with all financial institutions due to the (recent) Money Laundering act.
You may have to bite the bullet and make a day of it to Puerto Banus.
When you have completed the paperwork you can then complete all transactions via e-mail or fax from the comfort of your own home

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:14 pm

We've been with MoneyCorp since just before we moved over here and suggested them to our friends who have lived in Spain for 8 years. They corresponded by phone, fax and email throughout the opening of their new account. They even had the added problem of not being able to fax a recent service bill because they're still on builder's water and electricity and have no phone line. As we were original customers we confirmed that they live here permanently.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

timperpat
Tourist

Postby timperpat » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:37 am

I can highly recommend opening an account with Halifax in the UK and then a further account with Banco Halifax Hispania (this Spanish account can be opened in the UK). Money can then be transferred from the UK account to the Spanish account direct with no charges or commission.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:58 pm

If your still in the UK - open a SMILE internet account - use the TIPANET Transfer service - £8 for upto 50,000 E. takes 5 days !
You send a secure Message (SMEG) from where ever you are no need to be present !