Spanish Internet banking transfers?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Libby
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish Internet banking transfers?

Postby Libby » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:38 pm

Hi looking for a bit of advice, Is there a limit to how much you can transfer by internet banking (whilst in the UK) from our Spanish current account to another Spanish bank account (lawyers a/c for house purchase) , we are with the Cajamar, Thanks.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:41 pm

Have you considerd asking Cajamar :?

Libby
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Libby » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi Yes I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply and am also telephoning local branch tomorrow, just didnt realise they have daily transaction limits :roll:

angel
Tourist

Postby angel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:27 pm

my cajamar daily limit is 3,000

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:15 pm

I use Cajamar, and with daily limits, YOU tell THEM how much you want it set at. Usualy takes a few days to set up.
Hardworking resident !!

Libby
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Libby » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Thanks for the replies, have now spoken to local branch and at present we have a 3000€ daily limit , also asked about their receiving charges from the UK for a large amount of money (in euros) and it could be up to 300€ :shock: so have now set up a euro a/c with my uk bank to keep the euros in and when the time comes for completion will transfer the money direct into lawyers a/c.... sorted i think lol :wink:

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm

Have you looked into using a Currency Dealer such as Currencies Direct to do the exchange/transfer for you? Your UK bank will charge you to convert your money into euros and will not give you as good a rate as the dealers, and, as mentioned in another thread, Spanish banks do not charge for receiving transfers from Currencies Direct and some, but not all, other dealers.