Iberbanda internet

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
mickhick

Iberbanda internet

Postby mickhick » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:59 pm

I connect to the Internet using a wireless link provided by Iberbanda. The feed comes through to an InnoMedia MTA3328-2e device that then connects to the ethernet port of my PC and also provides the phone port to my "landline". I would like to connect up a wireless network and wondered whether anyone else out there had already done so and if so what equipment they used? Thanks, Mick 8)

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

wirless

Postby neilinalcaucin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 pm

mick, if you get an answer let me know,
i ahve today called surfcom about this who said any shop in the area have wireless routers and they should know if it works with avired / iberbanda

regards
Know you tried, effort always shows.

mickhick

Postby mickhick » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 pm

Will do Neil (although I've had no replies as yet!). May have to pop down to Velez and check out DMR in Velez at this rate.

Conehead
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Conehead » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

I am using a wireless network, from the first minutes of getting the connection, without any problems. Have been using it to show people, via Skype, what I am doing by walking around with my laptop and a camera attached.
Its very easy.
I assume the computer has wireless incorporated already!
Go and buy a wireless router. If you only want to connect to the Internet a B version will be sufficient. If you want to transfer large files between computers within the network then look at a G version. Speed is the main difference. The connection to the Internet will always be less than the B version even with 3-4 computers on a network I have found no problems.

If you buy a router the PM me with the make and model, I will look at the manual and then tell you all you need to know on how to set up the router and your computer/computers.
Due to the high cost of energy, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice.

phillb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby phillb » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 pm

If you go to PC CIty website there is a wizard there that will tell you all you need to know and will recommend the appropriate hardware

mickhick

Postby mickhick » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Many thanks for that.

mivste
Tourist

Postby mivste » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 pm

I can definitely recommend DMR in Velez Malaga for all computer-related solutions. I work in the field of computers and was extremely pleased today when I went to collect my "dying" laptop from the shop to find that DMR had successfully managed to retrieve all my precious data from it and put it on a disk.

I'm also planning on a home network and will use DMR to upgrade my computer and other laptop.