Family allowance

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
claire82
Tourist

Family allowance

Postby claire82 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:31 pm

Some fiends of mine have been living here in spain now for 2 months, they are residents and have full NIE cards.

They have 3 children under the age of 16 and would like to know if they are still able to receive their family allowance.

Does anybody know if they can, and if so the steps they must take to arrange the payments to be made in Spain.

Many thanks.........

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:20 am

Keeping it short and sweet, family allowance is not payable to people living outside the UK unless they are 'Servants of the Crown' (Armed forces and government officials).

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:39 am

According to local hearsay they use an address in the UK and carry on claiming it along with any other benefit they can lay their hands on, not forgetting to complain to everyone that they came here because the UK is yukky :roll:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:19 pm

What is a full NIE? Is it like a driving license and I will have to do a test to get my 'provisional' NIE upgraded to a full NIE? Maybe to pass the test for a full NIE you need to claim allowances and benefits from another country.
Some fiends of mine
- I think you got that right!!! :lol:

Are they residents or are they only residing?

worldbookday
Andalucia.com Amigo

family allowance

Postby worldbookday » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:56 pm

see Parents in Andalucia