stuck with Telefonica

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
skychick
Andalucia.com Amigo

stuck with Telefonica

Postby skychick » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Hey,
So I'm trying to call Telefonica about my bill to pay it/set up direct debit, whatever. Have tried the 1004 number which gives another few numbers for you to call. The first doesn't appear to work, the second is a number for technical problems. Then the automated voice goes quiet, like you are meant to say something. She then repeats a similar thing, again going quiet for a few seconds and then says something like thanks for calling Telefonica, goodbye.

Ok, so I have some basic spanish but really confused/stuck! I just want to speak to a real person (preferably in english) but I can't get through!

Please help! :(

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

telefonica

Postby pilgrim » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:51 pm

?hablas ingles? always seems to work for me

skychick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby skychick » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:55 pm

Yes I know, but I can't even get through to a REAL person!
It's all automated... *SCREAM*!!!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 pm

The first number they give is for "directory enquiries" the second is for technical help with ADSL.

You are then asked to state the reason for your call (motivo de su llamada). Just say "facturación", you will then be put through to a person albeit a Spanish speaking one.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 pm

It uses voice recognition. If you shout "Ingles" at the machine at every opportunity you will get transferred to an English speaking operator.

Usually they are very helpfull.

Sid

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:48 pm

If you shout "Ingles"
You don't actually have to shout. When it goes quiet just keep repeating "Ingles por favor" and you get through to an english speaking operator. Seems to be easier late morning/early afternoon.

Has worked for me several times.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:36 pm

Alan, glad you confirmed Sids instructions as I thouht it was a wind up :shock: did make me laugh out loud though picturing people shouting Ingles at the phone :lol:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:55 pm

Windup - Moi? - how could you think that :lol:

Actually I was so annoyed with them I did shout!

When I did get through to a nice young lady she could not have been more helpful.

Sid