RIO GRANDE VIVO !!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

RIO GRANDE VIVO !!!

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:39 pm

anyone heard anything about this or doing anything about it themselves? it personally doesn´t affect us much in the town but alot of people in the campo will be without water or at the very least have alot less of it...

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:04 am

Try this link

http://costadelsolnews.es/localnews/000 ... index.html

Also know that you can sign a petition at the Sunday market in La Trocha, Coin.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:10 pm

This is the web page - there is a protest march planned for next Saturday morning.

http://www.riograndevivo.com

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:57 pm

Spanish Lad,
As a fellow Grandian [ made it up and please no comments from anti AEG PERSONNEL!!] I am surprised that you have not read about it in our local paper Town Crier or seen the many [and I mean many!!] petitions in and around Alhaurin concerning this matter. It will affect us as a vast majority of our local fruit is grown in the proposed flood area so you local produce will cost you more.
I, like you will not be affected by the actual flooding but the long term effect could be more far reaching than either of us could imagine.
Must meet up sometime!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:31 am

Huge demonstration through Coín last Friday (6pm) with all the bars and shops closing, road blocks and (minor) police presence - reportedly 15,000 strong! Another was planned for Saturday (5pm) and we thought maybe as it was raining support would not be so strong but we were wrong! It seemed like there were even more this time, complete with musicians and street entertainers - only the Spainish could turn a demo into a fiesta! :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:38 pm

oh i know about the petitions etc, i was just wondering why its not been mentioned on this forum, considering what an enouuuuuurmous web prescence it is supposed to have... :roll:

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rio Grande Fruit!!

Postby mark » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:07 am

Keddy,
The only fruit that I know of grown down by the Rio Grande is oranges!!! The locals couldn't be bothered to pick these as they aren't worth a penny.

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rio Grande

Postby Beryl1914 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:19 pm

Does anyone know which country houses could be affected and would they know at this stage

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rio G

Postby mark » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:46 am

Beryl,
I am led to believe that around 40 houses will be compulsory purchased, which ones I do not know!

Regards

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rio Grande Vivo

Postby Beryl1914 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:57 pm

Thank's Mark it is scarey to say the least, shall I carry on reburbing spending money I could loose ? :shock:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:50 am

hmmmm.. compulsary purchase.... i´d love that to happen to me but i doubt that the town will be flooded :( ... haha i wonder if thats how they are gonna get rid of the gypsies?? ;)

what happens in a compulsary purchase in spain? does it go on the market value? or is it the value that the junta puts on the property?

on the plus side, will a dam / river make a good "tourist attraction", a boating lake? a huge fishing area? it´ll be like another "el chorro" wont it? so surely its a good thing..

i´m actually undecided.

i guess the water has to come from somewhere for the city...

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:06 am

According to the details I have read on the RioGrandeVivo website- any compulsory purchases will be at Catastral value, which is always way below market value. I have often wondered how the Ayuntamiento decide on the Catastral value of a property? Does any one know?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Laslomas wrote:I have often wondered how the Ayuntamiento decide on the Catastral value of a property? Does any one know?
We've just had notification of new Catastral values for houses here. According to the paperwork, the basis for the values assigned per sq m are from the law as published in in BOP 148 of 29/06/06. I haven't checked this out so don't know if it's a "local" value or Sevilla-wide or even Andalucia-wide.
The basic value for urban land, almacenes etc here is €304.50 per sq m and for urban viviendas €550.00 per sq m. These values are then adjusted using various coefficients and added together to come up with your Valor Catastral.
There will be a similar calculation in place for your property which you can probably request from your Gerencia Regional del Catastro (Delegacion de Economia y Hacienda en Andalucia).

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:32 pm

Apparently, this morning's march was cancelled:
"Organisers are shocked and angered by refusal by the Junta de Andalucia to allow the protest demonstration in Malaga by groups battling against the dam works of the Rio Grande at Cerro Blanco in the Guadalhorce Valley. A government sub-delegation office cancelled the protest on the recommendation of the local police, apparently due to the traffic problems it would have caused."