curtail rail

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
sylvia anne margaret
Tourist

curtail rail

Postby sylvia anne margaret » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm

Help!! I need a new curtain rail the pulley type ..any idea who would supply and fit?
Thanks
shopping

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:27 am

You can get these rails at ferreterias and put up yourself.... its an easy job that only involves putting a few sc...rews in...getting someone to do it for you would be expensive...more time traveling to your place than doing the 5 min job...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

sylvia anne margaret
Tourist

curtain rail

Postby sylvia anne margaret » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 am

Thanks silver it's not the putting it up that bothers me it transporting it from the store.
shopping

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:02 pm

We bought several extending rails with pulleys, valance rails and all the mounting kits at bargain prices from the excellent fabric shop opposite the entrance to malaga airport road - from Marbella side, pass the airport turn and be ready to turn in just after the bridge over the road - there is an industrial estate but the store is in front of that. From the east, you must turn off as if going to the airport, up to the roundabout, right round it and back, taking the eastbound lane over the bridge, then prompt turn off. The selection of fabrics (plus some furniture) at the prices they ask has to be seen to be believed. The store is linked to the a UK firm with shops in the north and midlands - can't remember the name, sorry!
The longest bits, when "un-extended" would fit from footwell to rear in a standard car - the passenger can hold them!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

melandsharon

Postby melandsharon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:10 pm

Is the shop called "Dunelm", that's the big one in the north and the midlands. Fancy one being in Spain, I might take a trip to see it, I used to buy lots of bedlinen from them in the UK. Hope that is the right one.
Thanks Peterpetrolracer

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:39 pm

Just dropped herself off at the airport - it is called El Palacio de las Telas - (Palace of Fabrics) in big red letters facing the west, anyway. The slip road you must get in starts before the road bridge over the top of you that comes from the airport, so be wary of overshooting! As my better half (who has the memory...) is not here I can't help much with the name of the British link, but the staff were wearing black t-shirts with a list of stores on, rather like those "bands on tour 1989" things one sees - stores in manchester/Preston etc - and I think it was something like "the world famous...." - but I am not to be trusted on that! What they do have is a really wide range of fabrics of all sorts, some at ridiculous prices - worth popping in if you are in Malaga, certainly.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

sylvia anne margaret
Tourist

curtain rail

Postby sylvia anne margaret » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 pm

thankyou for your replys much appreciated
shopping