Car Parking at Malaga Airport

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
briansession
Andalucia.com Amigo

Car Parking at Malaga Airport

Postby briansession » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 pm

I about to start commuting between Malaga and Gatwick. I intend to leave my car at Malaga airport for about 10 days on regular basis. Can someone please advise me on a reasonable car park at Malaga airport. Many thanks

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Everyone will recommend a different one and they all seem to have gone up in mid December from €3 to €4 a day though as a regular user I imagine you will be able to negotiate a better deal. I wouldn´t recommend P3 although it is free, as they don´t offer insurance. I looked at it last time and it seemed just a honeypot for car thieves. Of course you can use your own insurance but as someone who returned from holiday to find their car broken into and windows smashed after leaving it for 2 weeks in "secure" off airport parking at Malaga, I feel that a car park having full insurance including a rental car provided free is essential to save hassle. Red couldn´t have been more shamefaced and helpful and now have the best security of the lot with huge fences, two night guards and dogs. It says it all that I still use them after that experience.

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:26 pm

I leave my car in car park P3 at the airport every two weeks for one week, there are security guards around and CCTV so I would suggest that car theives could find an easier location if they wanted to, also when you leave the car park you have to drive through the arrivals pick up area, wherever you leave a car it is at risk even in paying car parks.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Don't use CLUB 1. They are cheap but have a bad case of RATS! My husband worked there-(for not very long I might add!) and loads of the cars left with wiring problems where the lil b******s had chewed through cable!
Donna

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

Parking at malaga

Postby neilinalcaucin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:04 pm

We leave our car weekly at EasyParking, about 7 euros per day or a full year for 1000 euros, they are excellent - call them when you get off the plane and they ar eoutside waiting for you within minutes. Quicker than walking to your car

regards
Neil
Know you tried, effort always shows.

Michaelinland
Andalucia.com Amigo

PARKING

Postby Michaelinland » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi

Someone said parking at the airport is free at the moment does anyone know?

Mike

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:49 pm

P3 and P4 are free and a free courtesy bus does the 'loop' from P3 to the terminal and back but no free bus from P4 I understand.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 pm

I agree with Neil, I just came back again last week after being away 10 days and I also used Easyparking they were excellent and very friendly came and got me as soon as I called them and got my car back all cleaned and valetted (for 15euros) will use them again.

Regards
Sadie

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:07 am

I've used ChipsAway on several occassions, dropped off and picked up at the terminal (or they'll collect your car from departures if pre-arranged for nothing) for 3 euros a day. They also do valeting and numerous repairs whereby there's no charge for parking.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"