i've seen it all now.. my neighbours dog held to ransom !!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

i've seen it all now.. my neighbours dog held to ransom !!!

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:36 am

i'd been out and about, came back and my neighbour was in my house with my mum.. crying her eyes out.. pikey neighbour comes round.. "we've got you're dog, we want €100 to give it back" ...

oh my .. hahahha

this is almost a joke.. only they had a knife to the pedigree yorkies throat.. after alot of shouting screaming and general spanish merryment... a friend of the daughter of my neighbour ran back to the house with the dog screaming..

they've got the dog back.. we've not seen the little girl since tho ?? :shock:

Nicki
Tourist

Postby Nicki » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:15 am

Un-believable.......Im speechless :roll:

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Noting the time you wrote this, was everybody sober? Was it a dream? I presume the police were called? Is sounds too far fetched to be true but if it is, how awful for everybody concerned. I think we need an update about the little girl. Like Nicki, I too am almost speechless that this kind of thing can actually happen. :( :?
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Sounds like you need to brush up on your hostage negotiation skills.

My first response would probably have been to give him a smack in the mouth, but you have to live next to them and a full scale war with a pikey family is not recommended.

So what had Yorkie done? Killed a chicken? Stolen the family dinner or cra p'd in there casa?

:?:
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

Robbbo57
Andalucia.com Amigo

omg!

Postby Robbbo57 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Nice neighbourhood!
Smile - you're going to die!:-)

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:38 pm

There's a few yappy dogs down here that I would pay that sum for them to take away.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:44 pm

Shukran wrote:Noting the time you wrote this, was everybody sober? Was it a dream? I presume the police were called? Is sounds too far fetched to be true but if it is, how awful for everybody concerned. I think we need an update about the little girl. Like Nicki, I too am almost speechless that this kind of thing can actually happen. :( :?
tell the screaming child it was a dream :roll: i'm not joking, its real ! scary stuff that something like this could happen...

yeah i've not seen the girl yet, i dunno where she lives.

nice area ?? nope its *beep*.

smack in the mouth ??? haha, i'd be surrounded by pikeys within minutes. its NOT a nice area.

jenna m
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jenna m » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:36 pm

Err.... what are pikeys?
What exactly is your neighbourhood like??

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:40 pm

well now-- my father in law --says "pikeys" are "do as you likeys" --pretty much, people who please themselves as to their social conduct
anyway, anyway, love from me.

Gazespana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gazespana » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:00 pm

What you need is a dog like mine, a 70kilo Spanish Mastin who hates Spanish peasants. Trust me he would definately hold them to ransom not the other way round !! they dont like big dogs !! :D

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:06 pm

annie_d wrote:well now-- my father in law --says "pikeys" are "do as you likeys" --pretty much, people who please themselves as to their social conduct
Pikey like diddycoy is a term of endearment used to refer to Gypsies. :lol:

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:38 am

Are these Irish gypos, Rumanian or Spanish ones? Appparently Spanish 'gitanos' are a lot nicer. :? It says so in the A.com tourist guide. :?

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 am

Calling Gypsies 'Pikey's' is a bit rough. That's like saying that everyone from Liverpool is a scouser with O-levels in fraud, benefit claims and dealing in dodgy goods.

Pikey's are the dross of mankind that no matter how hard you try to befriend them and develop trust in them, they will always revert to stealing, begging or even demanding money via threats.

They are the ones that seek a job like pruning your trees for £50 and then butcher the tree and demand [the agreed] £500.

My friend had them make camp next to his transport yard. He ran a water hose for them, gave them some scrap and even turned one of his yard floodlights around to light up there camp. They were there three months. When they left they broke into his yard and stole 1,200 gallons of diesel.

My 80 year old neighbor got bullied into having his yard tarmacked by pikey's. I turned up and found they were slapping down old tarmac that had been dumped because it had gone cold. They were mixing some diesel in to make it plyable. I ran them off by calling the police.got a few death threats as they drove off.

:x :x
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:17 am

Calling Gypsies 'Pikey's' is a bit rough. That's like saying that everyone from Liverpool is a scouser with O-levels in fraud, benefit claims and dealing in dodgy goods.
And your point is?........ :lol: :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:30 am

Southerners always come out with comments like that.............de do dow dont dee :?: :wink:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:47 am

Southerners
Er! think again Kenny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 am

OOOps :oops:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:52 am

You are forgiven Bonny Lad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:11 am

sounds like Alhaurin prison has missed a few potential inmates there
Via con DIABLO

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:31 pm

hahah

if the gaffas come round here and actually do their job... they'd fill it in seconds..

round my area, if you said "Guiri" they'd all look in your direction expecting a handout. if you said "money" they'd be on ur back begging. its that simple.

if the guardia did their job they would get out the cars when they see a drug dealer selling drugs, when they see the exchange of coke pouch for cash.. they would actually get out their cars instead of sitting there chatting to the dealer... :(