benalmadena costa.. whats going on ??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

benalmadena costa.. whats going on ??

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:39 am

drove thru there today, looks like a load of hotels have been knocked down and that?? theres loads of empty plots now along the main road? were these deralict buildings or habitable?

we went past one in particular and it still had the matresses in the rooms, it looked like they'd just driven a bulldozer thru it ?

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:14 am

please god, tell me they've knocked down the "El Ancla" and done every unsuspecting tourist a favour!
Via con DIABLO

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:25 pm

Hopefully theyll do the same to the rest of it and fuengirola while theyre at it

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:41 pm

well dane as I live on the edge of fuengirola I hope not!! We are all not lucky enough to live in Marbella :wink:

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:48 pm

I dont live in Marbella I was only born there, since then my family invested in chandeliers and so i now live in a favella outside of istan.

But seriously real estate prices on the whole coast are almost exactly the same for the same money of an apartment in benalmadena you can live in the nicer areas of the coast such as nueva andalucia/marbella, the prices arent as different as they used to be so theres no excuse!

There are also parts of marbella that should be torn down and puerto banus needs an overhaul too, estepona too could do with some work. Also the twin towers in nueva andalucia need to come down.