Marble/Granite worktops

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Marble/Granite worktops

Postby Pigeon Tim » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi

Currently in the process of refurbing 3 bathrooms (nightmare!!) and require a place I can go and have some suitable worktops made for the sinks to sit on.

Anyone know anywhere along the Malaga-Marbella coast?

I asked at a few bathroom centres and they're only interested in selling me their ridiculously over priced units.

Thx

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:36 pm

Tino by Dreamers have beautiful stones but arent cheap, marbella stone gallery are also ok. Otherwise try the Marbella, San Pedro, La campana and estepona poligonos and look for the open yards with lots of dust coming out where they are cutting stones.

prime mover

Postby prime mover » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 pm

A couple I know had theirs made by a guy who makes gravestones somewhere in Malaga, said it was cheaper too

Chrissie
Resident

Marble/Granite worktops

Postby Chrissie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:17 pm

A friend of mine had his specially cut at the quarry. He was able to choose his own piece of marble and they cut everything exactly to his measurements. It looks fantastic and cost about 350 Euros for all the kitchen worktops, including one piece to fit round an awkward corner! :D
The quarry was towards the Olvera/Ronda area, but I imagine any local quarry would provide the same service.
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

John M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Worktops

Postby John M » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi Pigeon Tim, we had our kitchen granite worktops made in the Estepona Poligono. They measure the space, inc holes for basin, taps etc. obviously, then come and fit the tops (one piece) and splashbacks. Regarding prices, they vary enormously depending on the 'grade' of granite or marble; there are dozens of them from many parts of the world, although the local Spanish versions tend to be cheaper.

The Poligono is just off the N340/A7 at the back of Estepona. The workshop is very busy, so allow a few weeks for the cutting and polishing.
Andalucia really is the
Centre of the Universe

:D

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Thanks all.

Tried a few Ind estates but my Spanish isn't that good yet and I didn't feel comfortable I'd get exactly what I wanted so went to Tino's in Banus, very helpful place and a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Speaking of granite, Ive just had brilliant black(negro intenso) granite put in the kitchen, but as with all black surfaces its hard to keep clean, water leaves stains etc. Anyone have a miracle cleaner for granite?

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:02 pm

Elbow grease :D

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:03 pm

JWC, you stole my answer.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Kmoppz
Resident

Postby Kmoppz » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm

Baby oil is good...

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Ha ha, funny guys,

trouble is its about 7 metres long, thats lots of elbow grease, id prefer something a bit quicker and easier than that.

Wouldnt the baby oil leave stains?