Furnishing a house in Iznajar - Cordoba

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ambre Solaire
Andalucia.com Amigo

Furnishing a house in Iznajar - Cordoba

Postby Ambre Solaire » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Same question as Granville, different location !

Looking to furnish a house near Iznajar

Any advice or info greatly received with regard to furniture, beds, white goods etc available in or around the area

Regards

pdellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pdellis » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:13 pm

We live 10 mins from Iznajar (Tapia). We found that local shops sell just about anything you will need - tough bit is working out what is for sale in the shops !!! for example, we have a local furniture store (or so it looks from the street), but when you go in, they sell fully fitted kitchens, pictures, door furniture & have a cellar full of white goods. Another one has nail varnish & underwear in the window, but also sells fitted bedroom furniture, white goods and tiles.

I suggest when over exploring local shops - no better way to integrate with the locals either

Ambre Solaire
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ambre Solaire » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Is that in Tapia itself, have fond memories of the place being lost driving around the one way system, siesta time when the Loja road was being resurfaced.

Have you bought anything in Iznajar or Rute ?

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi

I live in Las Chozas

there's a second hand furnitire shop in Iznajar just past Bar Verde at the bottom entrance to the village, there's also a new furniture shop in the village. We tend to go to Lucena as there is so much choice including warehouse type shops with pine that you can stain, wax etc.

Ortegas in Iznajar is great for white goods, at the bottom end of the villages near to New Ventures property shop...just ask anyone they will point you in the right direction

good luck

Julie
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:20 am

Metalmonkey,

are the furniture warehouses in Lucena good value and good quality?

Diana

MANDERS
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MANDERS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:23 pm

I agree with Ellis Tapia is really good for the furniture. We bought white goods, pine furniture and 2 kitchens from the bra shop!!!! also a dozen eggs!!! If they haven't got it they know someone who has.

They also put themselves out to deliver at a time convenient to you. Our last delivery was at 8.30 in the evening on the day of a local Fiesta. They brought along their tools and were going to fit everything there and then but we told them to go off and enjoy the Fiesta and if possible, come back tomorrow to fit. They did just that. Wonderful service.

I have also bought from the above mentioned Iznajar electrical shop whose service is also secod to non, but the beauty of Tapia is that parking is so much easier.

Good luck with the search.

Ambre Solaire
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ambre Solaire » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Manders

Can you direct me to the Bra Shop !

Regards

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Eggs from a Bra shop!! :o

would they be, like, two fried eggs! :lol:

MANDERS
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MANDERS » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: at Colin!

Ambre Solaire - sorry I haven't been back to you sooner - family staying! The Furniture/Bra/Egg/Everything else shop is in the main Street of Tapia on a corner, next door to the Unicaja Bank on one side and on the other side a building in the process of being reformed/repaired.

It is opposite another Bank but not sure which one!

From the outside of the shop it looks tiny, but they have a huge garage underneath which stores everything. On the outside window/door they usually have a display of what is on offer through order and they have a display of kitchen cupboard fronts just in the entrance.

They are a lovely family and very helpful.

Good luck

pdellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pdellis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 pm

The bank opposit is Cajamar. Beware though there is a 2nd furniture store same side of the road but nearer the Tabacos on the right-hand side

The shop in question also has a seperate showroom down a sidestreet (I say 'down' but it is actually up a steep hill). Father normally stands by the front door saying "buena dia" to everyone who passes & daughter serves inside. Son does the white goods and is also the kitchen fitter (brilliant job on ours!)

Beware the new one-way system in Tapia (main street is now one-way going in , but the easiest way to exit is through the square and out via the far left-hand corner)