Fast Fishy Pizza

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Fast Fishy Pizza

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:02 pm

We've just tried this simple recipe, and despite my reservations, it turned out really well and was very tasty......

Fast Fishy Pizza
! x 8oz (225g) 'hot' smoked mackerel fillet, fresh or defrosted, skinned and roughly flaked..

4 x tablespoons (60ml) tomato or burger relish

1 x 8oz(225g) part baked pizza or bread base

4 x tablespoons (60ml) low fat or mozzarella cheese, grated..

preheat the oven to 220 degrees C/ 425 degrees F, gas mark 7..

1..Spread the tomato or burger relish over the pizza base.

2..Top with smoked mackerel and cheese.

3..Bake for 10 minutes, garnish with herbs and serve with a crisp green salad....

Should serve 2 to 3..

We used the pizza bases from any of the supermarkets..... :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Where do you get smoked mackerel from, Benidorm? I'm sure I have bought it here somewhere but haven't seen it for ages. Do you mean the ones that are usually in the chill cabinet in shrinkwrapped plastic?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Wicksey,
Most of the supermarkets sell it, and yes it is usually in the chill cabinet, in the shrink pack.....I think my favourite shop Lidl sells it. :oops: ...You could of course use a different fish, but the smoked mackerel gives a really good flavour....
We use a lot of the plain pizza bases, obtained from most supermarkets, really cheap and great for a quick meal or snack..... :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Thanks Benidorm, I shall look out for it. Nothing wrong with Lidl is there?? You looked :oops: to shop there. Has a bad reputation I think in the UK but here and in France it's just a normal shop. The Velez one seems to attract the local 'bums' but I like the new one in Algarrobo. (My turn to be :oops: now)

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Wicksey,
No , nothing wrong with Lidl, but usually when I mention it on here , I get loads of sarcy remarks...mind you most members have admitted that they do shop there...!!!!..
.We have shopped in Lidl all over Europe..never had any problems...Last week we shopped in a Lidl in East Germany, it was great, they always sell lots of regional produce.... :lol:

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:30 pm

Hmmmm smoked mackeral, I catch them OH smokes them

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Since they have built a Lidl 10 minutes from me I have found it is not as bad as I thought. Well, a lot of the stuff is but i recommend most of their fruit and veg, goats cheese already in rounds (French), smoked salmon and the odd wine offers. It is not as pleasurable as going to Hipercor though. Oh and the walnut icecream!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:02 pm

Katy,
What ..you didn't send your personal shopper in for your purchases ?

Anyway glad to hear that you a Lidl convert...now. :wink:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:10 pm

What gets me mad about LIDL shoppers is this.
They come to my house and drink all my San Miguel and my Nasto Azzurro which I struggle to get across there...............then when I go to theirs I get bloody cans of fincabrew and a good gloating session about it being 18 cents a *beep* can :twisted: :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 pm

You know the answer, Campo ........ give them Lidl's beer when they visit you :lol: Actually, we like Mercadona's "malta" beer in the green cans, almost like an English beer rather than lager, and that's only about 43c a large can.