Shellfish recipes

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Shellfish recipes

Postby olive » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Has anyone got a favourite recipe they can share with us for a shellfish dish apart from a paella ? I keep seeing bags or loose shellfish and razor clams and so on for sale but don't know what to do with them apart from Mussels of course.

olive

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:04 pm

I make an easy shellfish soup. Fry a chopped onion, add some tomato passata, herbs, garlic, fish stock (made from a cube is fine) add the shellfish and season to taste. Serve topped with bread cubes fried in olive oil and/or warm crusty bread.

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:11 pm

I don't like shellfish but everyone else in the house does.At the moment my daughter is cooking almejas.You cut a few garlics and parsley into small pieces and fry this for a short time then add the almejas with a drop of wine.When the almejas open you take them out.When all are opened put them all back again to make sure they are warm.Although I don't eat them I just love dipping the bread into the sauce!

spaniola
Andalucia.com Amigo

SQUID?

Postby spaniola » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:27 am

What about fresh squid rings in batter?

I've tried these, they came out really nicely - I was pleased with myself.

Travelogic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Travelogic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Squid isn't really shellfish but it's great all the same.
A good basic one is extra large mussels in a very large saucepan, whole garlic (about 3) 1 tin chopped tomatoes, quarter litre white beano.
Bring the juice to boil before adding the mussels. Let it reduce a bit, then add the mussels. The mussel juice makes it more liquid again. Once the mussels are all opened and cooked, you're ready for a feast. I ate the whole pot by myself. Was that a bit shellfish of me? :roll:
Soy el hombre con tres piernas