Supermarkets open on Sunday?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Rigsbyscat
Tourist

Supermarkets open on Sunday?

Postby Rigsbyscat » Sun May 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi People

I am arriving at Malaga airport to Sunday 16 May about 11am. Then driving to the village of Comares for a few weeks. Need food shopping and know that all/most supermerkets are closed on Sundays

Question. Are El corte Ingles shops open on Sunday? Do they sell groceries etc., and is there one convenient to the drive to Comares (if you know the area) I have also heard that OpenCor shops are open on Sunday. Never used heard of them before, do they sell provisions and is the one on route

Many thanks if anyone can help. Good forum by the way, have been checking it out for a few years now but never posted. Best regards

Rigsbyscat

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Supermarkets open on Sunday?

Postby Enrique » Sun May 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi Rigsbyscat,
The garages/service areas sell more food than motor bits. :?

Enjoy your stay ........... 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Rigsbyscat
Tourist

Postby Rigsbyscat » Sun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks for that Enrique

Best Regards

Rigsbyscat

alig99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alig99 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Rigsbyscat, I think El Corte Ingles in Malaga is open on a Sunday. Also I found that a couple of the littler supermarkets on the coast road were open (thats the road that goes through Rincon de la Victoria).
The info is from El Corte's website: http://www.elcorteingles.es/corporativo ... alucia.asp

The Costa Marbella Shopping Centre will be open on 28 March and on 1 and 2 April (2010). Opens from 1 July to 31 August, including Sundays, with the following hours 10:30am to 10:30pm. From 1 September the opening hours return to normal: from 10am to 10pm. It also will be opened on 5 and 12 September 2010.

· El Capricho Shopping Centre will be open on 28 March and on 1 and 2 April 2010, 1 July to 31 August, including Sundays, with the following hours from 10.00am to 22.00pm and on 5 and 12 September 2010.

· The Costa Mijas Shopping Centre will be open on 28 March and 1 on and 2 April 2010, 1 July to 31 August, including Sundays, with the following hours from 10.00am. to 22.00pm. and on 5 and 12 September 2010.

· Tiendas El Corte Inglés Fuengirola will be open 28 March and on 1 and 2 April 2010, 1 July to 31 August, including Sundays, with the following hours from 10.00am to 22.00pm. From 1 September the opening hours return to normal: from 9.30am to 21.30pm. It also will be opened on 5 and 12 September

Hope this helps,Ali

Rigsbyscat
Tourist

Postby Rigsbyscat » Thu May 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi Ali

Thank you very much for your very informative reply. Very good of you and will help alot. I'll check out the sites you gave

Doesn't sound too much of a problem arrriving on a Sunday morning I know, after all the shops are open again on Monday. However, anyone familular with the location of Comares wil understand that it is quite a drive up or down the mountain for major provisions, although there is an excellent local store that will be open on Monday

Thanks again Ali, much appreciated

Rigsbyscay