tomato salad

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
carrowcrin
Resident

tomato salad

Postby carrowcrin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 pm

there ia a tomato salad that is made of ripe tomatoes and i think olive oil and black pepper but i would like if someone could tell me more about how to make this.
thanks

LITTLEMO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: tomato salad

Postby LITTLEMO » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Core the tomatoes and cut them lengthwise into 4 to 8 wedges, depending on their size. Slice in some onion, sprinkle on salt, and crumble in a couple of pinches of dried oregano (or add a few fresh oregano leaves if you have them). Sprinkle with a little olive oil. If preferred use basil leaves.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for reply, am i wrong about the ground black pepper??

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 pm

carrowcrin wrote:Thanks for reply, am i wrong about the ground black pepper??
Not at all!

If you like black pepper use plenty of it.

Don't forget a sprinkle of salt as well. Always use a good extra virgin olive oil as well.

Basil probably goes better with it than Oregano unless you want a Greek influence in which case crumbled Feta cheese on it would be good.

Balsamic vinegar sprinkled over also is good. There's no fixed recipe - do it the way that tastes best to you.

Sid

LITTLEMO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LITTLEMO » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:35 pm

oops forgot about the pepper. I don't add in vinegar as i usually serve it with onion bread that i make with caramelized onions in it. I like to use oregano as i usually have some fresh on the windowsill there again i usually have basil too.