Euromarket?

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
ninamh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Euromarket?

Postby ninamh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

I have been told that the Euromarket in Fuengirola is being turned into a Carrefour. Is that true?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Euromarket?

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Yes, I went there last week and asked two members of the staff and they said the same. We shall have to find somewhere else to do our shopping now.
Let's go Brandon!

ninamh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ninamh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I hate this. Let me know if you find a good alternative.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:25 am

Well, Iceland for the time being but not quite the same. It probably won't be long before all we are left with is the likes of Mercadona, Lidl and Día. What a depressing thought!
Let's go Brandon!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:37 am

I have never been in a Euromarket ? why will it be so much missed ?

I find the same supermarkets in different towns vastly different. my old Supersol was great clean fresh and lots of good quality produce. This one is disgusting, I only go when need dog food as they are only ones who stock it. Although sometime Mercandona have it but again the store here is not so bad the one where I used to live was great just too far to walk or push bike it for a load of shopping. Only once been in Lidl never again not for me. Día Plus in my old town once updated had better quality but not a lot of choice. More choice in my local market here which is where I tend to buy all my fruit and veg, some meat and flowers. Oddly enough having moved to an area where the prawns are meant be great I have only bought once. I am stuck with El Jamon ! as easiest to get to on foot.

belindamc
Tourist

Postby belindamc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm

I always found Euro Market over priced
I'm not surprised its going

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

You'll find Lidl and Aldi becoming quite popular especially up here in the sticks. The other day we bobbed into Lidl at the Kinepolos, shopping complex in Granada which now has an in-house bakery baking breads, cakes and the like, similar to Mercadona set up.

We have visited Euromarket only a couple of times on our trek to Iceland at Fuengirola we also found it over priced.

ladymuck
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ladymuck » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 pm

In 1997 euromarket was our 1st port of call, very overpriced, manky veg, strange looking meat and even stranger looking clothes.
we bought some moroccan lamps which cost loads but when your a new arrival sense dosent exist.
we still have them.