non alcoholic aperitifs

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
ashtondav
Resident

non alcoholic aperitifs

Postby ashtondav » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm

I was recently in France and was surprised to see considerable shelf space given over to non alcoholic aperitifs. Intrigued, I bought a red martinin tasting drink and a Pastis flavoured drink. I have to say that both were actually quite good and useful if driving. The red martini tasting drink, in particular, was very good, and would make a useful change to my usual driving tipple of San Mig 0%/0%.

I haven't noticed any similar drinks on the shelves of, say, Eroski. has anyone heard of these in Spain?

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: non alcoholic aperitifs

Postby ebbnflow » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Not the ones you mention in particular but you can usually get apple or mora liqueur and mosto (alcohol free wine) at most restaurants. There are some alcohol free "schnaps" of various flavours in the trade stores, most of which will serve us non-tradies.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:02 pm

I'll have a look for those in Eroski or Mercadona - not sure about a "trade store" near us - especially one that would let non tradies in!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

The Torrox 'trade' drinks store is open to the public. It is in the main road running through the village and we have called in there from time to time to buy a bottle of something. They have some different drinks and cheaper versions of things like Cointreau. Of course, now that we have Lidl and Aldi there's more choice, but years ago we used to buy quite a few things from the local store. Not sure if a much bigger supermarket like Carrefour may have more non alcoholic drinks?

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:24 am

In Mercadona they have a very pleasant non alchohol wine(red and white) from Salobreno and also a non alchoholic cider. Covirans do quite a few fruit liqueurs which are non alchoholic as well.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Just in , at Mercadona, new non alchoholic cocktails and liqueurs. They have Pina Colada, Mojito and an Apple liqueur. Mojito is very refreshing. Well worth a try over Xmas.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Fantastiz. Just what I was looking for.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Also in this morning, non alchoholic champagne.