Fresh Local Andalucian Goat Milk

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Gatward96

Fresh Local Andalucian Goat Milk

Postby Gatward96 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:14 am

My family buys goat milk kefir for 2.79€ for 420g from the local Aldi here in Marbella, Puerto Banus from company SuerteAmpanera which is Madrid-based, so can only imagine that it is shipped straight from Madrid.

We also can buy raw cow milk shipped from Asturias from a Galician butchers shop alongside organic cow milk, which is quite a rare find, although for 1L these go for 3.90€ and 3.60€ respectively.

My question is are there any local goat milk production in Malaga? It would be great to buy directly from the farm. I just read an article by Andalucia.com that Malaga produces 42 million liters of goat milk! Does anyone have any leads on this?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fresh Local Andalucian Goat Milk

Postby katy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:36 am

Many years ago there was a Chiringuito on the outskirts of Marbella which had a small farm attached. If anyone asked for a con leche the owner would get it straight from the goat, bit of an aquired taste! Suppose it is not allowed now. Google something like donde se puede comprar leche de cabra en Malaga, it may turn up some small producers.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:24 pm

hmm i´ve not heard of any where doing this, but i would imagine that if you come out of marbella and upto coin, then further inland to ardarles or antequera or campillos... theres loads of goat farms there ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:03 pm

I was in coviran (the super market) yesterday and they sell goat milk there, in the fridge with the yogurts etc.

It comes from a local farm in alhaurin called pastor del valle (valley shepard?) - their website is here : https://www.elpastordelvalle.com/ although goat milk is not listed.

fruteria buenaventura, fruiteria los labradores, bar el patio de maipaz, and Frutería Delicias de Alhaurín - all shops in marbella, are listed as stocking their products.

I hope that helps.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:51 pm

I know this post is old but i remembered it today when i was in the wholesale place in alhaurin, they have fresh goat milk, 1L for €1.92. (From pastor del valle)