CARREFOUR BOUGHT SUPERSOL

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Unicorn
Resident

CARREFOUR BOUGHT SUPERSOL

Postby Unicorn » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:36 pm

We have a Supersol locally and it is very below par. I know many of the others are not, I think this one is the Siberia of Supersols.

They are gradually introducing Carrefour products but no-one there seems to know when they will rebrand and completely take over. The staff do not know, but having said that, they never really know anything anyway.

Does anyone have any inside information on this? We can't wait as it will be great to have a Carrefour on the doorstep!!!

Cheers folks :wave: :wave:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: CARREFOUR BOUGHT SUPERSOL

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 pm

A quick Google search has brought up https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... s+supersol
Plenty of information available there.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:52 am

Didn’t know Supersol was owned by Lithuanians. Our Supersol in Marbella was awful too. Dirty floors, out of date cereals etc and if picking any fruit hundreds of fruit flies shot out.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:20 am

Supersol was once owned by Dutch supermarket group Ahold. It wasn't too bad back in those days but things went downhill. We used to have three in town. Our local one closed last year, the one by the bus station became an Aldi and as far as I know the one on the outskirts is still going. They used to have an excellent range of manzanilla and fino sherries but now I just drop by to look for the odd bottle of spirit that's been on the shelf for a while and reduced to clear. One bottle I did avoid was a Castillo de San Diego white wine which was a least 15 years past its vintage date at our local!

I've not visited a Carrefour outside of France. They do rather tasty tubs of rillettes du porc although I doubt that will be ranged for the Spanish market.

Saludos

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm

A Carrefour is quite a trek for me Torrox to Rincon as a result I have rarely been in one. Do they usually have a butcher's counter ?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:42 am

I think they do Lyric. It's a much bigger store than Eroski in Velez. We go 2 or 3 times as year. They do some different things we like to get from there (and they do stock a few things we recognise from when we lived in France too Screagle). In December they have some good deals on wine.

We used to check their folleta online to see what was on offer as we used to get Friskies dry cat food when they were 3 for the price of two. They aren't very easy to get here and in Torrox only Supersol seems to stock them now. Now we only have two cats it's not so urgent to stock up on bags of food.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am

It's incredible how much our shopping habits have changed over the last few years. We used to do a big shop once a week to Eroski, then now and again to go one of the others. Now we have Mercadona we tend to go more often but pick up much less as well as going to the big ones much less.

I like Carrefour because it sells more international products so I try to go to our local Carrefour to stock up on British and other products about once every two months or so, even though it's only 5-6 minutes drive from here. Just over an hour away we can even go to one of their French stores with another range of products.