Shelf shortages

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Shelf shortages

Postby olive » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:41 pm

Fuel is likely to be 20 cents a litre cheaper ( 15 via government and 5 from oil companies) . I still wouldn’t want to be a delivery company.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:36 am

Maxi Dia had fresh fruit and veg back today, but I passed by Petroprix (the cheap, unattended station) and was struck not so much by the the €1.79 unleaded (high, but I've seen €1.83) but by the diesel being €1.80+

I know that the warfare has increased diesel disproportionately (not exactly sure why) but this is the first time I've noticed a litre of the oily stuff has actually been mas caro que the 95. Given that it's historically been up to 10c/litre cheaper and therefore the fuel of choice for deliverers, taxi drivers etc, I can empathize with the shock. Gilets jaunes (from taxation rather than supply/demand issues) sprung up from this.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:46 am

About 4 years ago, before we bought 2 petrol cars, the government announced that they were going to bring down the price of petrol to match diesel to encourage people to change from allegedly more polluting diesel cars. To our knowledge this hasn't happened since selling our old diesel 3 years back and we've always had to pay a lot more for 95.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Seems like there's, at best, parity now.