Best Beer

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Jade138
Resident

Best Beer

Postby Jade138 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:59 am

Aha, got your attention..... :lol:

Couldn’t find any thread on this, so shall start one.
In terms of alcohol, I'm more of a red wine person as opposed to drinking beer.

One of my favourite drinks is a mixture of Bombay Sapphire, tonic water, ice and a squeeze of lime.

I am a slow drinker but do enjoy an occasional pint or two.
I like Theakston Old Peculiar, Abbot’s Ale, Boddingtons, Tiger Beer and Kirin Ichiban for now.

It must be more than ten years since I had Theakston and Abbot's Ale.
Ahhhhhhhhh, Boddingtons, so smooth and creamy, shall pick up some from Supersol tomorrow.

So, what is your favourite?
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:30 am

As i live in Baza there isnt much of a choice its alhambra or mahau or cruz campo, sometimes if you go into a bar when they have just been to the coast you can get a smirnoff ice!!
Thank god im a beer drinker, thats 7 years of womens rugby for you!!

Sioban

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:49 am

I'm not into beer at all except San Miguel which is more like lager, even then I like it with lemonade in. Cerveza clara I believe it's called. I don't even like dandelion and burdock pop 'cos it tastes beery (is there such a word I wonder)?

My husband loves beer and likes Mahou (he likes mild beer) although it's not widely available. Haven't seen Alhambra beer is it mild, bitter or a lager type beer?

My favourite lunchtime drink is Tinto Verrano. Evenings, well eveything except beer, but only in moderation of course. :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:58 pm

Think I have seen Boddingtons advertised here. Never drink the stuff, maybe a couple of glasses a year. My drinks are red wine, pink champagne and sometimes the odd vodka and cranberry juice. :P

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Grapefruit juice and tonic - delicious.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Sounds a bit too healthy that one Beachcomber :)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Yes, but I have to admit to adding a tiny droplet of Malibu to it occasionally, just for the coconut flavour you understand. :D

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:33 pm

Alhambra. It origionates in Granada, its a nice mildish beer/larger.

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:44 pm

for my taste... dos equis

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Stingray!!

Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mydogdylan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:45 pm

Alto i like beer i'm into what the Spaniards round here drink namely Zoco and Limon and a sherry type of drink called Manzanilla :D

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Alhambra for me please! I think it`s the best of the bunch.
Are there such things as beer festivals here? I love to go to the one held in Norwich every October
Is it hot here, or is it just me?

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:01 am

Alhambra

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:27 pm

:lol: the spanish beers are lager/pilsner by the way they are fermented.
the english style beer or ale is fermented in a different way , for a shorter time and at a higher temperature.
if you are looking for the nearest spanish lager which tastes like a british ale you need look no furthe than Voll-Damm doble malta. it is brewed in barcelona and i have seen it all over the costa del sol coast and inland.
just for interest the spanish bottled " beer " which came out on top in a recent magazine tasting against 11 others was san miguel especial :!:
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:17 pm

Fink Brau from Lidl or their Premium Pilsner bottled lager which for 6 bottles costs 2.59€ in Lidl's here and £4.59 in the UK! Alhambra is OK, but I find it a little bitter. Drink tinto verano by the jugful in the summer and granizado if feeling 'alcohol free day' coming on, but they don't do this in the winter. They mainly serve Alhambra draught here and only costs 1€ for a tubo (or half) in the locals. How much does a small beer cost elsewhere - would be interesting to compare prices from region to region. I do miss Stella and Carling and make sure I top up when in the UK!!! My dad misses Carslberg Special Brew (or as we call it Kryptonite) so always try to bring a couple of cans back with us!!

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Can`t drink Special Brew anymore since I had a `bad night` on it (to be fair I was making Strongbow/Special Brew snakebite`s so it was my own fault, but it was 20 years ago and I still can`t touch the stuff!!!)
1euro for a tubo is about right I suppose :) , although in some pubs in the UK you can get a pint of Fosters for 99p :D

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:19 am

Fletch, Strongbow and Special brew would definitely get you there, wonder what would happen if you made your snakebite from Special brew and that scrumpy stuff they sell in Somerset, I imagine you'd have serious rectal problems for a while with that combination!!!

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:54 pm

At risk of sounding like an alcoholic (!) I went down to Mudgley Hill in Somerset and brought back a gallon of scrumpy. I`ve never been in a place like it! 3 floor to ceiling barrels full of cider and a farmer who literally chewed on straw and held his trousers up with string :lol:
Think if I mixed it with S Brew something would explode...

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:54 pm

I just LOVE Mahou and especially the special version in the red tin but also enjoy the green tin.

The sad thing is I gave up drinking alcohol for my New Year resolution !!!

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 pm

Fletch wrote:At risk of sounding like an alcoholic (!) I went down to Mudgley Hill in Somerset and brought back a gallon of scrumpy. I`ve never been in a place like it! 3 floor to ceiling barrels full of cider and a farmer who literally chewed on straw and held his trousers up with string :lol:
Think if I mixed it with S Brew something would explode...
Probably your-------!! well the less said about that the better!!