How about private international or bilingual schools?

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
laitue

How about private international or bilingual schools?

Postby laitue » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Sorry to come back with the same topic of schools but it´s difficult to get an idea about what a school is like from its website when you live far away... I would appreciate any opinion on private international or bilingual schools in the area. Which ones have parents and students been happy with? What about the one in Torrequebrada? Any other recommendations? Muchas gracias :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: How about private international or bilingual schools?

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Choosing a school should depend on your long term plans. If you are here for only a couple of years, then an international school should be considered but if you plan to stay permanently, then a local Spanish school might be better.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:56 pm

One friends children went to Torrequebrada and got on well. Another friends went to St Georges near Malaga and also got on well.

Dominges
Tourist

Postby Dominges » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:32 pm

First of all I’d like to say, before deciding which school to choose, one should visit it… a good idea is even to talk to parents, of the children that are studying there. Also, you should go not by car as you get used to, but try to find schoole bus and ask the driver if it goes regularly, see if it is comfortable etc. see the whole picture. I’m sure, it is important to see what the kids are like. Are they happy? Are they polite? respectful? tidy?.....

Actually, i'm in search right now either, a friend of mine has children and they attend this one - The English International College in Marbella. You can read the feedbacks online. She says the fees are rather high, but it worth it. Good luck!

sublimar
Tourist

Postby sublimar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm

My son attends the British school of Torremuelle and for now we are very happy, it is true that he is only five years old but for the moment the learning, the values and the events they organize are very good. Fortunately on the Costa del Sol there is a wide range of international and British schools.

I also agree that it is best to visit the school first, meet the school principal, and if possible talk to other parents.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm

I believe Aloha College is excellent.