Vaccinated children?

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Vaccinated children?

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:35 am

Hope this is the appropriate topic for my post. We're hoping to travel to Spain for New Year with two children aged under 18. In the UK they are only offered a single jab Pfizer/BioNTech. I was wondering how this squares with SpTH requirements for a full programme of vaccination by which I take to mean double vaccination? If Spain is only offering a sinlge jab to under-18s then we should be fine but I'm concerned that we might fall foul of SpTH rules. I suppose as belt and braces we could get them private LFT / PCR tests before travel but that could be very risky too.

Any parental experiences out there?

Saludos

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Vaccinated children?

Postby daveboy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:13 pm

We travelled with two grand kids to Spain in summer and both needed no tests to pass Spanish boarder control. both under 5 years old but think same rules for under 18s.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:55 pm

As far as im aware the rules for children are the same as adults if they are over 12yrs old.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:01 pm

Thanks, Pamela1 - that's my understanding too. If you have any more inofrmation it will be your 2000th post!!!!

Saludios

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:48 pm

Wow! Yes you are right it is..🤣🤣.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 pm

:lolno: Don't know what happened there but these emojis have a strange way of enlarging themselves...why it happens i don't know, not the first one to mention it.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:10 am

Screagle wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:35 am Hope this is the appropriate topic for my post. We're hoping to travel to Spain for New Year with two children aged under 18. In the UK they are only offered a single jab Pfizer/BioNTech. I was wondering how this squares with SpTH requirements for a full programme of vaccination by which I take to mean double vaccination? If Spain is only offering a sinlge jab to under-18s then we should be fine but I'm concerned that we might fall foul of SpTH rules. I suppose as belt and braces we could get them private LFT / PCR tests before travel but that could be very risky too.

Any parental experiences out there?

Saludos
Spain if vaccinating children above 12 with the full two shots. I doubt they care what the UK vaccine program does, so they will require either a vaccine certificate (two shots) or a covid-test done 48 (or up to 72? ) hours before travelling. Not sure I understand what is very risky about private PCR tests.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Thanks for your insights, I thought that might be the case. As the UK is only offering a single jab to the 12-17 age range it currently looks like eligible tests will be required. Having to test single vaxxed children runs the risk of short notice holiday cancellation if either of them tests positive. As it happens I won't be booking flights until a pending passport renewal is completed but I'll be looking for COVID-19 curtailment insurance when I do!

Saludos

Cádiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cádiz » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Is there any research being done to identify if any group/blood etc have natural immunity...
I suppose there be no money in that for the pharma industry...

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:47 am

Everything you need to know about this is on the SPTH website you will need to fill in the online form, then complete it and retrieve the Q R 48 hours before !