school holidays

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
daftlamb
Andalucia.com Amigo

school holidays

Postby daftlamb » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 pm

hi can someone help me by advising when the easter school break is in la cala. we are about to move out and my friend wants to book flights to come and see us during the easter break and we are hoping they are similar times

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am

I believe the Easter break in Spanish schools consists of the days we know as Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. There are no very long school holidays except for summer when there is almost 3 months. So there are not many days left to have any other time.
In UK it is different this year in many areas as the schools are having just the Bank Holidays at Easter which is in March, and a 2 week holiday in April. This fooled a few flight and holiday companies who forgot to hike the prices at the right time for them.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:29 am

I don't have school age kids but I think you will find that the schools close for the whole of Easter Week, so that would be 17 March to 21 March inclusive.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 am

I do have school age kids and Alan is right in saying they have the week 17 - 21st off.

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

school hols

Postby Pirateprincess » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:00 pm

wow school hols here in Dublin for easter, Paddy's day..Better known as St Patrick's Day 17th of march...the kids finish up on 15th march till 31 march for easter.....i wouldnt mind if it was Spain at least you have the weather but in dublin we will have the most confused weather system!!!!! And yes i know you weren't asking about Dublin!!!!..i'm just so wanting to out there now not waiting its killing me slowly.... :lol:
LOUISE M