Money boxes

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
broads
Andalucia.com Amigo

Money boxes

Postby broads » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:00 pm

We are on holiday in Andalucia at the moment. Our son and his wife are expecting their first child in a few months and I would like to take something home. Both my children were given a beautiful ceramic money box on the day they were born in England by my mother and I thought it rather nice if I could get one in Spain to take home. Do Spanish children have money boxes and also what are they called in Spain?
Hope someone can help. We are in the Alpujarras now until we go home a week on Saturday.
Thanking you in advance.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Money boxes

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:02 pm

broads wrote: . Do Spanish children have money boxes and also what are they called in Spain? .
I certainly haven't seen one.

I have a suspicion that they are trained from a very early age to hide it under the bed. :D

Sid

lola2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lola2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:15 am

I think you would find this type of thing in a jewellery shop. They normally have a selection of gifts for babies.
Is Dyslexia a problem for you? If so pm me.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:50 am

Seem to remember money box as 'hucha', but I could be wrong......often am...it's my age.... :oops:
I've bought several in Spain, over the years, usually ceramic, from pottery shops, the road side shops seem to have several versions...Not expensive, but none of the piggy banks that I have seen have any way of retrieving your money without breaking them open, or as I did as a kid, use a large bread knife to slide the coin out...
Hope this helps....

Regards, Gordon

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm

They sell them in most 100 peseta shops / Bazaars.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.