Spanish Handwriting Font

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish Handwriting Font

Postby RitaW » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

Does anyone know the name of the font used to teach handwriting and reading in Spanish schools? I am trying to make some handwriting practice templates for my kids. Thanks in advance.

ValL
Resident

Re: Spanish Handwriting Font

Postby ValL » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 am

I typed into google 'childrens handwriting' within the results 'spanish' and came up this ..

PDF] Handwriting fonts for teaching children to writeFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View
"DN Kid Letters": a family of handwriting fonts specifically designed to teach children to write. http://guindo.pntic.mec.es/jmag0042/kidfonts.html ...
guindo.pntic.mec.es/jmag0042/ingles.php?d=worksheets.pdf

I have tried to make it a link but the link does not seem to work. If you find that in the listing then click the word view which is underscored then it takes you to a pdf ( you need a reader on your pc) which might be useable.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 am

Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Frank that does not take me to the page I was trying to linkg to, it was a pdf.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am

ValL wrote:Hi Frank that does not take me to the page I was trying to linkg to, it was a pdf.
Franks page takes you tothe same page you linked to. Approx two thirds of the way down the page is a link to download a .zip file. Download and save that file then unzip it. Included is a .pdf file, which is the manual.

Not sure about downloading the actual fonts. Looks like you may have to pay for them.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Val and Frank. I had alread googled with little success. I will try searching again. I had found the link you suggested. Thanks to you both

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm

ValL wrote:Hi Frank that does not take me to the page I was trying to linkg to, it was a pdf.
This? - http://guindo.pntic.mec.es/jmag0042/worksheets.pdf

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 pm

si ! it just would not link for me then it showed as done but blnak, having a bad pc day :(

Sharon Widdison
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sharon Widdison » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 pm

My 8 year old daughter has been attending the local Spanish school for 3 years + and the handwriting they teach is nothing like this link. The handwriting is full of loops and swirls and they teach this from the beginning. If you go into Word and alter the font to "Lucida Handwriting" or "Brush Script MT" this will give you an idea. Although neither of them are any where near as loopy or swirly.
Thanks, Sharon

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks everyone.

Sharon, I'd seen the link and have to agree that those fonts aren't a match. I have books, I have work books I just don't know the name of the font. I suppose I could email one of the publishers or printers and find out.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 pm

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:43 am

Val thanks for that link. I will work my way through the font lists and let you know.
RitaW

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:20 am

There are special books available, my sons teachers always writes down the ones, if any, I need to buy, throughout the school year, they are geared to the school year they are in, in the past we have had the handwriting and maths ones. You can get them in your local shop that supplies the schoolbooks or Carrfour. If you need any more info let me know and I will see if I can find one to let you know the name.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:31 am

This website has similar fonts, check out 'memima' and 'massallera'. Check through the muestras as there are also dotted letters.
http://www.caligraficas.tk/
pilgrim2 wrote:There are special books available
. One of the most tradtional is Cuadernillos Rubio, available at most book shops or online: http://www.tienda.rubio.net , under escritura.

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:32 am

Pilgrim. I have bought the books and materials. I just want to know what the name of the font is so that I can make other resource sheets etc.

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 am

Thanks Ama. I have the Rubio books. My son has particular problems with his handwriting and I just wanted to give him some resources on topics to spark his interest a bit more.