health

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
jantaz
Tourist

health

Postby jantaz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 am

We are moving to spain in early 2006 can anyone tell me about bringing my medical notes to spain. Do I need to get a complete copy or do I bring the actual notes? Also do I need my dental notes aswell.?

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:45 pm

I asked my English doctor for a printout of my records last week and I collected them 2 days later. It ran to 10 pages but the doctor's remarks were very interesting and I'd completely forgotten some of my past problems. I've taken a photocopy for myself so it's handy if I need to know when I had treatment for any complaint.

I was half expecting to pay something, but it came free of charge.

We're due to move to Spain in less than 2 weeks now so I'll just pass this list over to the Spanish doctor when we arrive. My husband didn't get a printout - he's never ill - I make up for his lack of illnesses!

We didn't bother with our dental records because I thought it was obvious what's been done in the past, rightly or wrongly.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!