moving to the south of spain in Jan

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
gizmo123

moving to the south of spain in Jan

Postby gizmo123 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:53 pm

Hi me and my husband and and my son of 20 months are moving to the south of spain can anybody advise of a nursey and approx how much they charge? and anybody doing a long term rent for a reasonable price with all local ammenities within walking distance.
many thanks gizmo xx :lol:

luffes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby luffes » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 pm

The south of Spain is a rather vague description. If you narrow the area down, people might be able to recommend something local
I'm nobody :( and nobody's perfect. Therefore, I'm perfect :lol:

gizmo123

Postby gizmo123 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:43 pm

yes that would have helped wouldn't it! my husband and i will be working gibraltar , so within reasonable distance.

many thanks
gizmo

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:35 am

Not to put too fine a point on it, your kid will cost you more than your reasonable rent, my neighbour pays in excess of 800 euros per month for nursery services, sorry!!

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:18 pm

Hi Gizmo

The most I have paid for nursery is 550€ per month with a privately run bi-lingual (English owned) nursery close to Marbella and the least I have paid is 250€ per month for a Spanish owned private nursery. This is full time 9am-6pm 5 days per week. Both nurseries my children attended were equally as good, all staff experienced and my children loved it there, however I would lean more towards a Spanish run nursery, not just because the cost is lower, but it gives your child a better start with learning another language. My 4 year old was speaking both languages by the age of 3.

Hope this helps a bit, I have never come across a nursery charging 800€ per month yet Syd, is that just for 1 child??

Sassy

wenchy

nursary

Postby wenchy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi

My neice went to a spanish nursary, we only paid 210 euros a month for her to go full time, living in or near Gib you should be able to send your child to a nursary spanish side for not a lot more than that sort of price, the nursarys in marbella etc tend to be more expensive because you pay for the luxury of english speaking staff, if you are happy to intergrate and muddle on with your spanish then a spanish nursary might be better for you. It really depends on your budget as the quality of care is very good in both.

Hope that helps
Helen

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:23 am

God, its worrying, there are so many kids being raised in orphanages these days!

yummymummy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yummymummy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:49 am

The nursery I was going to send my little one to cost around 240€ per month (last minute I found a fantastic nanny who I now share with a friend and her child instead) . It was the best nursery I found in Marbella. Spanish run but do speak english. The english nurseries charge a lot more - I was quoted 400€ for half a day by one. I´d check with both english nurseries and spanish nurseries how many assistants they have per child. Don´t be shocked because it will be nowhere near the 3 to 1 ratio required in the UK. You will also find some nurseries here provide a camcorder service where you can logon at work and watch your child. No sure I would want to do that personally but just so that you know some do offer that service.

Good luck. Let us know if you need any more information.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:42 pm

[quote="sassy"]Hi Gizmo

The most I have paid for nursery is 550€ per month with a privately run bi-lingual (English owned) nursery close to Marbella and the least I have paid is 250€ per month for a Spanish owned private nursery. This is full time 9am-6pm 5 days per week. Both nurseries my children attended were equally as good, all staff experienced and my children loved it there, however I would lean more towards a Spanish run nursery, not just because the cost is lower, but it gives your child a better start with learning another language. My 4 year old was speaking both languages by the age of 3.

Hope this helps a bit, I have never come across a nursery charging 800€ per month yet Syd, is that just for 1 child??

Sassy[/quote

I believe they have one child, a girl of about two, and I think the Nursery is in Nueva Andalucia, I'll ask when I see them next, I must admit at those prices I'd be tempted to sell the kid and buy a new guitar (just joking, just joking)

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:43 pm

Hi yummymummy

Would you mind to pm me with the names of the nurseries you mentioned please? I am really interested to know for future reference.

Many thanks in advance

Sassy

yummymummy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yummymummy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:49 pm

Sassy ... I have sent you the pm. Let me know if you need any other info.