Follow-on covid boosters?

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
User avatar
rafiki
Resident
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Seville

Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby rafiki » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:56 am

What's happened to the further covid vaccination boosters we were to receive? It's been over 6 months since my first booster. There was even talk a while ago about current EU certificates expiring. It's all gone very quiet.
Brian.

Cádiz
Resident
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby Cádiz » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:13 am

rafiki wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:56 am What's happened to the further covid vaccination boosters we were to receive? It's been over 6 months since my first booster. There was even talk a while ago about current EU certificates expiring. It's all gone very quiet.
I expect the powers that be knows who created it and its shelf life is is wearing out.
The Pharma industry made a bundle.
There is no requirement for any cert/test in Europe at the moment.

User avatar
rafiki
Resident
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Seville

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby rafiki » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:26 am

Yes, I know certs aren't required just now but the situation has a habit of changing very quickly! I'm more interested in maintaining protection.
Brian.

Cádiz
Resident
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby Cádiz » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:31 pm

rafiki wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:26 am Yes, I know certs aren't required just now but the situation has a habit of changing very quickly! I'm more interested in maintaining protection.
Two things in life are certain "death and taxes"

elusive
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am
Location: East of Malaga

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 pm

If you are in a at risk group best to speak to your G.P

elusive
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am
Location: East of Malaga

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:00 am

Media are reporting everyone (not just the over 80's)will be offered a 4th jab in the autumn .

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 5299
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:50 am

elusive wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:00 am Media are reporting everyone (not just the over 80's)will be offered a 4th jab in the autumn .
I've just read that. Here we go again :roll: Where is this going to end :crazy: It should be like the 'flu jab and just given to those that are elderly or vulnerable in some way, not another full-on roll-out to everyone, most of which didn't need the first three.

User avatar
costakid
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 5496
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:55 am
Location: malaga este

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:38 am

Wicksey wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:50 am
elusive wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:00 am Media are reporting everyone (not just the over 80's)will be offered a 4th jab in the autumn .
I've just read that. Here we go again :roll: Where is this going to end :crazy: It should be like the 'flu jab and just given to those that are elderly or vulnerable in some way, not another full-on roll-out to everyone, most of which didn't need the first three.
They have back tracked on that now.

elusive
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am
Location: East of Malaga

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Yeah just read that costa it seems the health minister mis spoke! And its never been planned to give it anyone else bar the over 80's etc. Making it up as she goes along it seems...

User avatar
firsttango
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2324
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: Velez-Malaga

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby firsttango » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:41 pm

But from headlines in media today it certainly looks like they are priming the gullible for future jabs.........seems no-one really bought the MonkeyPox fear campaign so back to the trusted Covid fear tactics


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... ected.html

And that control freak of a German Health Minister Karl Lauterbach is proposing bringing back Mask wearing from October until April...........whats that all about??

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 5299
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:47 pm

https://www.surinenglish.com/spain/four ... 36-nt.html

I just spotted that.

Any news on changing the entry requirements for unvaccinated into Spain? I thought it was being reviewed on the 15th?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2338
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Co Durham/ Granada Province

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:45 am

The vaccines do not offer life long protection, they wane after a few months so what was the point in giving everyone the vaccine if they are not going to offer an annual booster to under 80's. Not that i want another booster but it doesn't make sense..

It didn't surprise me to see that cases had jumped in the UK, the crowds in every village, town and city over the Jubilee celebrations was bound to spread coughs colds etc.

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 13690
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: Follow-on covid boosters?

Postby katy » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:40 am

That is all Covid is now runny nose unless you have underlying health problems. Wonder why its so much higher in Scotland? Late September and they'll be rolling out the vaccines again!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests