Covid Diary

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Diary

Postby gavilan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:46 pm

so ... for those who have had it ... and seen others with it ...?is it like flu?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:39 pm

The latest lot of friends that have had it both felt very weary and under the weather. He felt very cold whilst she felt very hot. He had a long lasting cough afterwards which took some time to finally clear, but she didn't. They weren't laid up in bed all the time, just a day or so I think, then just felt very tired.

Another friend has had a lot of headaches after she recovered, and felt very poorly with it (she is rather overweight and has heart problems too). My sister-in-law was in bed for a week. My physio was shaking so much from fever he couldn't hold a glass of water. He developed Bells Palsy after a week which took about 10 days to finally clear up.

So it affects people differently, but then I guess a bout of flu does too. (My OH and I had flu once in our lives and I can remember being in bed for days feeling achey and feverish, and we took it in turns to get up to feed the cats, that's all we could manage.) By the sound of it, Omicron sound much like the flu I have experienced. Everyone I know who has had it (which is most people I know and their families) has been fully jabbed.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:49 pm

That's because the jab isn't good at stopping people getting covid. Most people realised this very early on and is not the reason why the majority have taken the vaccine.
Funnily, enough, it was an extreme anti-vaxxer on this very forum who I learnt this from just as the vaccine programme had started.
Obviously, I didn't just take his word for it and checked for myself and now it is a well-known fact because we can see for ourselves as a result of billions of doses which have been given.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:39 pm

I've been fully jabbed.
I had the symptoms of a slight sore throat and sneezing.
Just out of interest I did a self-test and had a PCR test at my local health centre and it was confirmed I had Covid.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:20 pm

markwilding wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:49 pm That's because the jab isn't good at stopping people getting covid. Most people realised this very early on and is not the reason why the majority have taken the vaccine.
Funnily, enough, it was an extreme anti-vaxxer on this very forum who I learnt this from just as the vaccine programme had started.
Obviously, I didn't just take his word for it and checked for myself and now it is a well-known fact because we can see for ourselves as a result of billions of doses which have been given.

Well it's not a vaccine then is it? To quote your good self

"You don't need to be an expert to know that a vaccine prevents you from getting a virus by giving you anti-bodies"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Must be a huge mass jab. A Pharmacy not far away is advertising for staff to organise line lines etc. Sat and Sun only £10.30 per hour

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:10 pm

Who or what will it protect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ1ppIXCOsU

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:59 pm

Ooh, Dr John! Great, will watch later, thanks firsttango

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:12 am

I had stopped regularly watching Dr John so thanks again for posting the link, firsttango. Fascinating, I love how he presents indisputable facts but somehow manages to get across his opinions.... it's really thanks to his videos that I relaxed (somewhat) about my decision. Wonderful man, I'm so grateful to him.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:52 pm

IreneD wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:12 am I had stopped regularly watching Dr John so thanks again for posting the link, firsttango. Fascinating, I love how he presents indisputable facts but somehow manages to get across his opinions.... it's really thanks to his videos that I relaxed (somewhat) about my decision. Wonderful man, I'm so grateful to him.
His latest from today is very telling...........he seems to be getting more and more exasperated by the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMixianYoPo

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Now removed. Not followed this so what was he saying?