Hair salons

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
bakeke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hair salons

Postby bakeke » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good professional hair salon where they can advise the best hairstyle to suit your face? Someone told me that there's a male hairdresser somewhere near Marbella who advertises on the radio (sorry, no idea what station), and does just this.

Thanks,
K
Kelly

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:33 pm

My wife reckons the best hairstyle that would suit my face would be a eight inch fringe. Perhaps it was in retaliation for when she asked my opinion on her fondation make up and I accidently mentioned a trowel.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:43 pm

Without trying to pitch anything my girlfriend is a hairdresser, trained in 5* salon in UK.

Anyway she works in Halo, she is the welsh one, its in Marbella opposite Visconti and next to MRI office.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:58 am

What about that POSH one there on about on marbella belles you might meet up with some of the cast :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

kirmas
Tourist

hairdressers

Postby kirmas » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:01 pm

You could try either Reflections or the Sanctuary in puerto banus. They are both pretty good. my friend has just had hers at the santuary and its really funky and trendy. and very up to date!!!!!

bakeke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bakeke » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for your replies - i'll look into some of your suggestions.

K
Kelly

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:03 pm

anybody heard of the John Louis David Salons in/near Sevilla or a hairdresser that uses their style of cut ?

thanks

melstary

highly recommend...

Postby melstary » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 pm

I can highly recommend Tracy at StudioB in Elviria, I went there for advice on my cut and colour and she was fantastic and would recommend her to everyone! (its a beauty salon to so u can get all ya pampering done and not at ridiculous prices either!)
Their number is 952835402

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm

no suggestions in my area ? the salon style I am looking for uses razor to cut, I had an excellent cut while visiting Brussels earlier in the year. They said there were such salons in Spain and possibly one in Sevilla.

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:01 am

hi

if you take a look at their website: www.jeanlouisdavid.com there are listings of all their salons and there are 4 in Seville.

Sassy

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 am

thanks a lot for the link :D

my fella knows roughly where at least one is and could probably find the others. Now I can find out if any can understand English whoooo hoooo decent haircut coming up your a star

c_mego
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby c_mego » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:08 pm

1113 views compared to 10 posts....hmmmm lots of ppl with the same questions?

I was wondering from the expats if they prefer to go to an english speaking hairstylist? ( ie. another expat )

Are there an abundance of salons in Andalucia or do you think there is room for more?

What is the average cost of a normal cut and dry/style? (eg here in Canada in a small town average salon it would cost 30euro and going into a upscale salon in the big city about I think about 50 euro, thats without coloring or anything extra.)

I'm still investigating to see if the Canadian licences are sufficient to work in Spain, and checking every avenue....( I am an EU citizen)

Thanks for everyones input.
Mego
Life's a journey not a destination.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Speaking for myself, I do not speak enough spanish yet to make myself understood so would like an english speaking hairdresser. When last in Brussels I found a walk in place with 1 english speaker who gave me a super cut :) hence my wish to locate a Jean Louis David trained person. Although I did have a super cut for my wedding on Gibraltar, the salon is part of the hotel and Orlando was super.

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:49 pm

c_mego

Welcome to Andalucia.com.
I am also in Ottawa.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

c_mego
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby c_mego » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Jawg

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet another local, are you a spain vacationer or planning on making the 'jump'. (if you don't mind my asking).
I have been doing research on the net for a while now, don't want to get caught off guard. And I have already moved from BC to Ont. so I'm part way there....lol.
This forum is full of great information.

Hi ValL thanks for your reply. It's good to know that there could be a market in that area of HD. I will still have to find out about the licencing, as I also don't have enough spanish yet to set new exams in spanish.

Thanks Mego

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Yes Welcome c_mego

If you do decide to make the move let me know if you have any questions . We bought our place 2 years ago and are planing on making the move permanent instead of 8 months in Spain and 4 in Canada.

Fred

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:00 pm

All you guys on here from Canada, if I were an agent would start organising some inspection trips from Canada :)

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Katy

I think we are still a small percentage, but watch out..we have more cold to get away from than most! And Europe is much more interesting than the states!

Fred

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:20 am

Mego

We only go to Spain for 3 months at a time. We just want to get away from the cold and snow. And we enjoy Spain so much more than Florida.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

c_mego
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby c_mego » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Thank you all for the Welcoming.

I agree completely I would rather be anywhere in Europe. Spent enough time in the US as a child. I have travelled through most of Europe and definately felt most at home there.

Thanks for the offer Fred, I'm trying to do lots of research via the web, but if I have any questions I will surely ask. Oh one Q4U, Has there been anything that was a complete surprise for you on your stays?

Mego