WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR PENSIONER AND SOON TO BE PENSIONER FOR

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR PENSIONER AND SOON TO BE PENSIONER FOR

Postby Elsa-mary » Wed May 02, 2007 7:08 pm

WET DAY HERE!!!!

Help all you GURU'S
What exactly is required here for pensioner and soon to be pensioner for healthcare here in Spain,we are not yet residents.
And not sure whether to become resident or not.
I will be pensioner in June,my partner is 68.

Have been in receipt of Incapacity,realise this will terminate on my pension,so any help info,gratefully appreciated

Pouring in Jaen Province,Thanks

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm

You need to get an E-121 from work and pensions in Newcastle but I think to get full health care here you have to become a resident (the law seems to be changing very fast though regarding residencia!). Best to have a word with Newcastle.

Heston
Resident

pensioners

Postby Heston » Thu May 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Yes you need to get your forms from Newcastle then get them stamped from your local Social security office ( not sure if yours is Martos or Alcaudette)..then send it back to Newcastle and they between them send you out the paperwork you need to present at the docs/hospital etc..we were not in receipt of our residencey when we did this and had no probs ( well for our E106..giving us two years free..but we now both pay tax and are in the Spanish system) Hope this helps

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri May 04, 2007 10:28 am

Your partner, being of pensionable age, is already entitled to free health care (E121). You don't say if you are married or not. If you are, you too are also entitled to free health care on the basis of your husband's entitlement. If you are not married, the situation may be different but some authorities do recognise the rights of cohabiting couples.
In any case, come June, you too will have entitlement in your own right. Congratulations!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 05, 2007 1:59 pm

hillybilly wrote: some authorities do recognise the rights of cohabiting couples.
If unmarried, just go to your Ayuntamiento (town hall) and get a Certificado de Conviviencia" - you may need to take some evidence from the UK that proves you have lived together for at least one year - utility bills, mortgage etc in both names, dated over a year ago. The Health people will then accept that you are dependent upon your partner, and send off to Newcastle for confirmation of your stauses, then issue a cetificate with the pensioner on the front, the dependent non-pensioner on the back, which you take to your local health centre who will register you with a doctor and send the paperwork off to get health cards posted to you.
It seems to me very important that you are not ill until you have gone through all the residencia/coviviencia/health card process, so you may wish to take out private health cover to make sure you can get treatment before that - unless you are covered under an E106 for 2 years......papers, papers, papers!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.