Looking for Good British Hairdresser

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
timzony
Tourist

Postby timzony » Wed May 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi keddyboy

Yep, another one bites the dust! Unfortunately, as those of us who have been here for a while know, the list of failures in Spain is a long, long one. A lot (although not all) of new start ups are just people who see someone doing OK and then think it is easy to have a business out here. That chap who had that barber near Glorias had a good idea, (gents barber) but was probably undone by the lack of business. (By the way, Gloria has a great business as well and she has definitely done her time here!!) If you look at the established hair businesses, (Hair Sanctuary for example) they have "done their time" here and have built a good business on the back of good service and developing their relationship with clients.. Some of the more recent salons, such as Arté and one or two others, are just trying to cash in other persons hard work. And so, in the long run they will fail, because there is not an underlying foundation to the business. Perhaps they should all just go back to Sheffield, Belgium, Puerto Banus or wherever it is they all came from!
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

fantasy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Beauty Treatments

Postby fantasy1 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:17 pm

I thought I would tell you about this wonderful beauty therapist in monte Duquesa.
She is so nice and offers a full range of treatment the salon is wonderfully located and some nice little places to have some lunch before/after your treatment.If you would like more details them PM me.

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am

I have found one!

I have just had my hair cut at "Number 1 for Hair" Buena Vista (Michele, English hairdresser). My hair is very problematic and I have had countless disasters hence I hadn't had my hair cut here for 2 years. I am VERY pleased with my hair cut and the price was good too! It will definitley be my port of call from now on.

Busymum
I keep child proofing my house but the little blighters still get in!