tash problems

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

tash problems

Postby princess peach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:41 pm

hahaha....Its very brave of me posting this on here i know-toppless in spains post has prompted me to do it..But be kind to me,as i know its a wide spread womanly problem,and im sure there will be women on here who have a full super mario type mustash
Mine is subtle but im going to bring the subject up anway.If im going to be ridiculed-its good for a laugh if nothing else.

O.K.Im quite light haired,but have a tiny amount of slightly dark hair in the corners above my lips!(facial lips you bloody dirty buggers)
I Have bleached it,but would like any advice on getting rid of this-i dont want to wax or shave it (haha-although i know of a few peeps that do this)I dont want to be left with regrowth/prickles or a 5 o clock shadow.
would anyone recommend their method of getting rid of their hitler facial hair.Should i just stick to bleaching it?
and no this isnt a wind up.Im serious.pm me if you dont want to post. :wink:

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 pm

OK I'll come clean................ I use the little facial ready to use wax strips with mint extract by Veet ( formally know as Immac.) Other companies make similar. Very easy to use and lasts a month or more. 8) can't find a smilie with a tash :wink:
Sandramay

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:05 pm

i watch my daughter pluck her eye brows?? would this not work ladies??

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm

I wax.. purely because if you bleach it, although you cant see it head on, so to speak, it only takes you to be standing side on with the light at a funny angle behind you and it becomes MORE THAN VISIBLE!!

Hope that helps and well done for being brave and asking!!

Ang

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 pm

My mum used to pluck hers and it became thick-she ended up with sessions of electrolysis-to rid her of it in the end.she used to come out with a bright red tash,she never told my dad...didnt help that we used to say(when she was driving)your tash is tickling me and shouting gringo at every opportunity.. :lol:

Does waxing not bring back prickly bits...im scared to remove it completely as i dont want stubble.
Angie p-mine is only a little amount,im quite fair haired naturally anyway,so when its bleached its not like a full mans tash blonded..its very subtle.
I used to have a friend who shaved all her face-quite a few women do actually.I also had another friend-who was naturally very dark-almost spanish-she used facial bleach,and all her sideburns went orange.. :shock:
another friend of mine shaved her forearms...I would never ever want to be prickly in any of those places-just legs and underarms are quite enough.

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 am

princess peach wrote:your tash is tickling me and shouting gringo at every opportunity.. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

No prickly bits from waxing!! In my experience anyway!!

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:40 am

Totally agree with Angie P. Soft and downey :wink:
Sandramay

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:13 pm

Im scared of waxing-do you go to a salon or do it yourself.
I waxed my mums eyebrows once(with special eyebrow strips)
I ripped off the strip and it bruised her eye,a big blueberry sized lump came up which turned into a cracker of a black eye.she does have sensitive skin. :lol: :lol: she didnt have the other eye done..
I would imagine its a subject most women dont like to bring up...Its a little embarrassing.I certainly wouldnt be posting it if i had a great big one...just thank my lucky stars im not spanish..they have so much dark haior to cope with... :shock: poor girls.

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Its a salon for me. I also have my eyebrows are waxed.. cant stand the thought of plucking them... ouch.. :cry:

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Peachy - have you thought about electrolysis?i have had this done on some facial hairs on a large mole on my face.it was a bit painful at the time but is well worth it now its done.quite expensive, but will never need to buy wax strips/bleach ever again.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:50 am

Yes Maddy i did think about electrolysis.My Mum had it done.
You have to keep on going for treatment for a while dont you as the hairs all grow at different stages(like the hair on your head).
Maybe have to look into it here .
As there isnt many hairs it probably wouldnt take very long to get rid of them.My mum used to come out with a bright red upper lip. :lol:

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:29 pm

yes pp. i had 6 sessions for only a small area on my face. was well worth it though.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:21 pm

My daughter had PCOS and is somewhat hairy, particularly facialy. She goes to Selfidges to have them "threaded". It's a brilliant service. So precise, painfree and swift. The girls who perform this feat are all of Asian origin and really know what they are doing. Hmmmm I realise this of no use whatsoever to you pp as you are in Spain but maybe someone will know of a threading salon.
Failing that, there is a prescriptive cream called Vaniqa. It an also be bought on-line.
Avon's shower hair removing cream is also good for faces but is not advertised to be used there.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:23 pm

A colleague had electrolysis and it has left her chin in a terrible state. Red and scarred. They had warned her that this was a possibility so she went ahead, but still, it is a shame.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Thinking about body hair. It's an odd thing isn't it? The notion that hairy woman are unattractive, apart from a niche market! I wonder where it came from. I have very little body hair "down below" or underarms/legs. I don't need to shave at all but my daughter dies a death every day because she is so hairy. I wish i could change places with her.