Dentists and dental insurance... argh!!!!!

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dentists and dental insurance... argh!!!!!

Postby frank » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:22 pm

katy wrote:I shall refer to this thread the next time I post an item about Spain and the usual culprits come on and say "What about the UK then" :mrgreen:
The post following yours has already done it, and no surprises, UK is more expensive! :lolno: Only posts with "UK cheaper" are deemed fit for deletion! :lol:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 pm

At the risk of getting my head bitten off.... :roll:
scampicat wrote:....British NHS dentistry is cheaper, but does not include every sort of work (you can only have a scale and polish if medically necessary e.g. and you won't get implants on the NHS) and anyway NHS dentists are like gold dust....
We have a very good NHS dentist, who has a list of NHS charges on reception. A basic checkup costs £18 and includes scale & polish and X rays where needed; fillings (I think - will find out next week :( ) are charged separately.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 am

My husband had to have new dentures when we were in Spain, it cost 1000 euros and that was 4 years ago, so not cheap, then unfortunately they were a very poor fit, and so he had to get a new pair when he returned to uk, just short of £200 pounds as I recall.

I had to go to the local dentist in Almeria, he didn't charge me, but did say that if I went in a non emergency situation, I would have to pay, he just gave me a script for antibiotics, which I paid for.

The treatments are set in the uk, if you go for a checkup and need treatment, its all included in the one price, there are 3 separate levels, the highest being £250 or there abouts, but includes all treatment, so if you need your teeth taking out and dentures for example then thats the end price, any uk citizen can get treated at theses prices regardless of income or employment status.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSse ... arges.aspx
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:32 am

I had a crown at a Danish dentist in 2008 in Marbella, cost €350. Suppose it will be more expensive now! Much cheaper in Budapest :lolno: