Laser and cold treatment for pre-skin cancer

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Unicorn
Resident

Laser and cold treatment for pre-skin cancer

Postby Unicorn » Tue May 27, 2014 12:07 am

Has anyone had this treatment? A friend has to have it at the hospital. They said it takes about 4-5 hours, they put a cream on and they later laser, and very cold treatment come into it somewhere, and it hurts like hell.
Has anyone experience this and can they throw light on how the treatment is done, how you fell after and any other info?

As ever, thanks, from me and my friend.

morlandg
Resident

Re: Laser and cold treatment for pre-skin cancer

Postby morlandg » Tue May 27, 2014 5:32 am

Sid - looks like this cancer is metastasizing.
Graham
update - now sorted

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 27, 2014 7:30 am

The only bit I've had experience with..............the very cold bit..... 8)

"Cryotherapy

This technique uses extreme cold to treat pre-cancerous skin conditions and some small skin cancers. Liquid nitrogen is applied to the tumour to freeze and kill abnormal cells. Some pain and redness may occur after the area has thawed, and a blister may develop. A small white scar may remain over the treated area. "

Will depend on where it is and how large I guess..........wasn't to bad pain wise ...... :silent:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue May 27, 2014 7:57 am

Hi guys

Yes. Sorry about that. It froze when I was trying to post and I guess I may have bashed it a couple of time!
Enrique, I think it is more that that. It is quite large areas, and even the consultant said it hurt like hell.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 am

Unicorn, my guy said I would have the mother of all headaches....but I didn't.....I guess they build it up so when you do a post treatment review .......not so bad after all........ :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

I have the radiation cream which I apply for 6 weeks and also the laser when they think the cream isn't doing the job, they have asked if I wanted an injection first but I have always gone straight for the treatment which they told me was unusual, but I don't like needles, anyway they put the laser and count to 15 and yes it hurts a lot but its 15 seconds not a minute :crazy: then mine turn into big red bubbles and I have to put vaseline on them for a few weeks until they heal as you haven't to let them dry, don't know if this will be the same for your friend though.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 am

Thank you for that, I will pass it on. I was translating and they said about the cream, some hours later laser and then ice cold treatment. They did offer the alternative of him putting cream on himself for weeks but said it was very irritating and uncomfortable so he opted for 4 'sessions'.