Hips

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Hips

Postby Lyric » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:18 am

Has anybody in the vastness of A.com had a hip replacement IN SPAIN, not cheating the NHS or private in the UK?
Please tell all particularly cost, efficiency etc.

luckyjim
Resident

Re: Hips

Postby luckyjim » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:18 pm

I fell and broke my hip two years ago. Rushed into hospital 6.00 pm. Given pain relief, spent night in ward. Following morning, all necessary checks, operated on 11.00 am. Four days in hospital. Home with walking frame. 1 1/2 weeks later progressed to stick. Regular doctor visits. Check ups at hospital. On the whole really good service. Efficient and pleasant staff. I have nothing but praise for the Spanish system.. This was done on the Spanish health system.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:35 pm

As an emergency, you will always get speedy treatment. If not you could wait twelve months for a new hip.

Sid

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:00 am

That's good to know Jim and I hope you are recovered now. Senior Management and I too are happy with the Spanish Health System and Urgencias at Velez have been excellent with the Boss when she fell.
I was really angling towards anybody who had one done at one of the private clinics just so we knew. She is in the early stages of the system at present, we will discover more in April.