Try this moisturiser.

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Try this moisturiser.

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Thought I'd bring this here, if anyone is looking for a good moisturiser, I can recommend this. I use the one in the white jar and it's as good as the more expensive creams I used to get in England - and better than some!

http://www.que.es/ultimas-noticias/soci ... nocer.html

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Try this moisturiser.

Postby Mowser » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

€2.99 in LIDLs. It got a very good write-up. After a few weeks, wrinkles disappeared and I can no longer screw on my hat.
Dave

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Another satisfied customer, Mowser :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Huh. I thought this advertorial hype only happened in the UK. The DM has a story almost everyday about Lidl. All I can say Lidl must have a good advertising budget. Where do these "surveys" come from Lidls PR probably.
If you want cheap nothing wrong with good old Vaseline. Better than something mixed up in Eastern Europe with loads of additives in it.

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for the tip Irene. As for if it's source and ingredients, I wouldn't claim to know. :wave:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:23 pm

Well it's ingredients have passed the Senior Management test and as she was a make-up professional in a previous life she will know.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Very reassuring to get a scientific verdict from an expert :lolno: :lol: :lol:

BTW what happened to the miracle cream that was falling off the shelves at Boots a while ago :mrgreen:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 pm

katy wrote:
BTW what happened to the miracle cream that was falling off the shelves at Boots a while ago :mrgreen:
SWMBO bought the feckin' lot :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 am

Vaseline as a moisturiser, Katy? Wouldn't that be too greasy to put make-up on top? Must admit it didn't cross my mind the Lidl's moisturiser might have dodgy ingredients. Happy to take Lyric's OHs re-assurances. :thumbup:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 am

I promised myself not to rise to the ignorant however it seems that quite a few products have preservatives that are carcinogenic. These are not present in Lidl products.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:24 am

Thanks, Lyric - good to know.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:36 am

IreneD wrote:Vaseline as a moisturiser, Katy? Wouldn't that be too greasy to put make-up on top? Must admit it didn't cross my mind the Lidl's moisturiser might have dodgy ingredients. Happy to take Lyric's OHs re-assurances. :thumbup:
I don't wear skin make up, just mascara. 7 day skin scrub from Clinique gives you a natural glow. Anyway you would tissue off the surplus. A bit around the eyes before bed, no sting either like some creams. I don't claim to be a make up expert but it is used extensively on photo shoots. Have a Google.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 am

Devils Advocate wrote:
katy wrote:
SWMBO bought the feckin' lot :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
There was a Mercadona one recently too :mrgreen:

I am confused. I did two Lols and a Mr green. All the emoticons are wrong what's up.
Last edited by katy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 pm

You're absolutely right, Katy - I have Googled and lots of info out there re. using it on photoshoots etc. I couldn't help thinking that it might be a pore-clogger (I have oily skin) so put a different question into Google and there are warnings against the use of it on your face.

This is an interesting article and at the bottom, it suggests using natural alternatives as a moisturiser. I think, if I was younger, I might well consider doing that but at my age, having found a cheap product I like, I'll stick with it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/2 ... 36226.html

I have a young grand-daughter who seems to be addicted to lip gloss, she's always got a tube not far away and it does bother me that she is eating a lot of it! I can't bear the feel of lipstick so never use it. I use a moisturiser and Clinique's loose powder (don't like a shiny look although like it on other people, if done well - that 'glow' - I've never mastered that) and eye make-up. my make-up regime takes me about 5 minutes :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:54 pm

I use the Lidl night cream and Mercadona's day cream (anti-wrinkle with some sunblock in it, 4.99€).

Difficult to say if it works as I have been using it for quite a few years (unless I stop using it for 6 months to see if I became even more wrinkly). I just hope it is helping hold back the old crow's feet a bit (or should I call them laughter lines :lol: ).

mujer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mujer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:51 pm

If you have or are gifted loads of avocados, remember to mash them up and use as a face maskto moisturise and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.