Registering S1form in Malaga city

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
CarolinR
Tourist

Registering S1form in Malaga city

Postby CarolinR » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:54 am

Hi,
We have recently arrived in Malaga and are renting an apartment in Cerrado de Calderon.
I have to register my S1 form with the Social Security here. Has anyone had experience of this? I'm not sure if I just turn up or if there is a way of making an appointment beforehand. I've had a look at the INSS website but can't see any way of doing so. Having experienced 4 hour queues at the Police station for an NIE number I'd rather avoid a queue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Carolin

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Registering S1form in Malaga city

Postby gerryh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 am

Hi Carolin
Welcome to the forum.
At my local INSS office it is normal to make an appointment. So when we presented our forms we were in and out in a matter of minutes.
You can, usually, make an appointment online at http://www.seg-social.es
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 pm

You will see on the right hand side of the web page a box with Cita Previa - that is where you do your appointment (cita) booked in advance (previa)
Good luck - we find the appointments system in the local social security office very efficient but do try to find out who is in front of you in the queue or you may miss your turn, and not be called again!!! When you go in, ask for "la ultima" por favour - la because it can refer to "persona" rather than a him or a her.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:14 pm

In case you can't find the right page, it's here: https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/Sede_1/L ... tm?URL=104
It's fairly straight forward, but only in Spanish so if you need any help understanding which options to select feel free to let us know. I just used this system to make an appointment to get my EHIC (I'm not eligible to apply online). You get to choose which centre you want to go to, and select a time and day. Probably Avenida Andualucia will be your best bet.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

CarolinR
Tourist

Postby CarolinR » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Thank you all so much for your help....I'll give it a go,