Methotrexate Medications

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Frinty

Methotrexate Medications

Postby Frinty » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am

Hi
Does anyone know if I am able to get Methotrexate over the counter from a pharmacist or should i bring my prescription from the UK with me

Im staying down for four months from December but my UK doc only prescribes four weeks supply. Should i register with a doctor here?

Thanks for any advice

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Methotrexate Medications

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Sorry dont know but be careful re brexit as, as and when you will only be allowed in spain for 3 months at a time.

At this stage you could registar at your local spanish drs with your blue ehic card. Some longterm stayers do that when they arrive as its easier if you know you are going to need treatment. but the card is only valid for three months. Also depending on what happens with brexit the blue ehic could become invalid anyway. Best to speak to your dr in the U.K and try and get a full supply. Other than that bring your prescription and see a private dr (around €40) and ask them to write you a presription.
Last edited by elusive on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

1bassleft
Resident

Re: Methotrexate Medications

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 am

I had a quick scan for info on metotrexato and didn't see anything implying OTC availability. Best to talk to your Geep about this.