Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Pretty good and motivational speech from Boris, if the moronic deniers refuse to comply then I hope they are severely punished, this is a unique opportunity to cleanse the nation of the criminal filth that has infected our nation for years by keeping them off the streets, cheers Boris !

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Hope Amazon and similar are prepared....There's going to be a massive uplift in Tracksuit Sales.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some days I am tempted not to get out of my pyjamas — you know, the nice ones you get in Spain that are all soft and warm — but I do get dressed after breakfast. It helps keep life normal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:34 am

So how they gonna police that people can only go out once a day for a walk with more than two people aslong as they are family!? then go out again shopping!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am

K&LTupper wrote:Hope Amazon and similar are prepared....There's going to be a massive uplift in Tracksuit Sales.
You think shell suits will come back in :shock: :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

Lavanda wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Some days I am tempted not to get out of my pyjamas — you know, the nice ones you get in Spain that are all soft and warm — but I do get dressed after breakfast. It helps keep life normal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhhh but what time is breakfast :) mine is approaching lunchtime sometimes :lol:

Up here in the Campo it's easy to forget what's going on sometimes. The neighbouring landowners continue to work their land and tend to their crops and animals, machines continue daily to reshape an impossibly steep hillside into terraces for yet more mangos. It's just when we take a moment to listen that we realise the motorway is almost silent and we can't remember the last time we heard a plane go over.

My OH went out for the first time in 10 days and couldn't believe how apocalyptic it seemed ..... just a patrolling police car and only a few people in the supermarket. It's the clampdown on being able to walk which is most noticeable for us, and the one thing that is particularly wearing for my OH.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:43 pm

elusive wrote:
K&LTupper wrote:Hope Amazon and similar are prepared....There's going to be a massive uplift in Tracksuit Sales.
Did they ever go out of fashion :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Lavanda wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Some days I am tempted not to get out of my pyjamas — you know, the nice ones you get in Spain that are all soft and warm — but I do get dressed after breakfast. It helps keep life normal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wife prefers me to wear mine because they are much easier to wash and dry.

i had to pop to the post office earlier and on the way back went to one of those Carrefour Express places to pick up a couple of things, Shelves full and I was the only customer. I assume that after all that panic buying, many shoppers won't need toilet rolls until 2025 :D
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm

K&LTupper wrote:
elusive wrote:
Is there something you would like to tell us. :silent: :lol:

Dont forget your leg warmers :D

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: British Vogue on-line is actually leading on advice about how to stay stylish during isolation. Yikes. If no one can see me I prefer to be rather more casual than some of their suggestions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:23 pm

elusive wrote:
K&LTupper wrote:
elusive wrote:

Well put it this way, a few years ago when we were planning our Wedding the good Lady Tupper was devastated to learn that J D Sports didn't have a "Bridal Department". We did however manage to source 2 matching lilac shell suits on eBay :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 pm

markwilding wrote:
Wife prefers me to wear mine because they are much easier to wash and dry.

i had to pop to the post office earlier and on the way back went to one of those Carrefour Express places to pick up a couple of things, Shelves full and I was the only customer. I assume that after all that panic buying, many shoppers won't need toilet rolls until 2025 :D
in El Mundo said that Beer was more popular than toilet rolls. Beer sales having gone up 78% :!:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:24 pm

K&LTupper wrote:
elusive wrote:
K&LTupper wrote:

Well put it this way, a few years ago when we were planning our Wedding the good Lady Tupper was devastated to learn that J D Sports didn't have a "Bridal Department". We did however manage to source 2 matching lilac shell suits on eBay :wink:
:lol: :thumbup:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:02 pm

mark said "i had to pop to the post office earlier and on the way back went to one of those Carrefour Express places to pick up a couple of things, Shelves full and I was the only customer."
Word had got round about you going shopping in your p-js!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:19 pm

My jimjams are more stylish than many people's every day clothes

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Send photo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Is all this forced jollity to bury bad news coming out of Madrid. You know, the dead abandoned in pensioners homes or the photos of people waiting 30 hours in chairs etc. Perhaps we could have a good news thread, all seems a little distasteful on coronavirus thread.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:23 pm

A little bit of light relief hurts no-one in a time of crisis and yes we are all aware of the seriousness of the current situation here in Spain as we are under and have been for 10 days a proper enforced Lockdown, so as you're commentating from the U.K please if you find our brief interlude of humour "distasteful" then go join a Forum in the U.K or simply scroll on by.
I So Bella tis you

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Such desperate times, Madrids hospitals must feel like a war zone with so many people needing help..Doctors and nurses must be run ragged trying to cope...The uk is bracing itself for worse to come, just watched a CV patient on tv begging people to stay at home, the sight of the poor woman trying to breath was so distressing..Will her plea work? I certainly felt scared but there will always be the idiots who will take no notice...Crime is rife, only today a load of oxygen bottles were stolen so to quote Manchesteral, the criminal filth are still on the streets...

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Watching the news tonight it appears that despite every thing Boris said the people are still not obeying the rules. 1 particular group of young men particularly arrogant when asked don’t you feel you owe other people anything? Replied “I havnt got it” Pictures of the tubes crammed as always. Building workers crammed into canteens. How can you say a meter away from someone on a building site.? Come on Boris stop nannying this nation, just stop everything and specify essential!