Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
knowal
Resident

Re: Coronavirus

Postby knowal » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:06 pm

katy wrote:Is all this forced jollity to bury bad news coming out of Madrid. You know, the dead abandoned in pensioners homes or the photos of people waiting 30 hours in chairs etc. Perhaps we could have a good news thread, all seems a little distasteful on coronavirus thread.
I tend to agree when 489 people died with the virus today in Spain. The elderly are paying the ultimate price for bad public health and food practices in communist China.
So humour is a bit out of place. :|

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 pm

Actually you can easily stay a mtr away from someone on a building site, they usually are more than a mtr away because each man needs space to work.The problems of being too close to eachother arise when they group together to walk on site and at break times.. although common sense should be applied. The same applies when people go to the supermarket, there are those who do not get it.
Tradesmen in general are being very careful, they have to be, it's their livelihood and until BJ does something to help them financially as he did for the employed then they will continue to go out to work until they are told not to do so, they don't have a choice.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:41 am

Whenever things get bad and tough the British crank up their amazing sense of humour. The worse things get the more their Stoicism and humour help them out. It must be millennia of cultural experience. Monty Python and Blackadder would be making us laugh despite the grim reality of any given situation.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm

It has been confirmed that Prince Charles has been tested positive.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Lavanda wrote:Whenever things get bad and tough the British crank up their amazing sense of humour. The worse things get the more their Stoicism and humour help them out. It must be millennia of cultural experience. Monty Python and Blackadder would be making us laugh despite the grim reality of any given situation.
I agree Lavanda. If we can't have a bit of humour at times we'll go even more stir crazy than we are already .... known as gallows humour I believe. It doesn't mean that we aren't taking the situation seriously.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Exactly. When I spoke to my Mum yesterday she said, "Well it's not like the war. The virus won't be dropping bombs on me or raping me (yikes, she's 93 years old). It can only kill me". I love it.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 pm

"Humor is one of the healthiest and most powerful methods to help provide perspective on life's difficult experiences"
I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm

A police boat was filmed going down the thames the other day playing "always look on the bright side of life" monty p.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

I was talking to a lovely dear this am and she also mentioned the war, she said at least we knew when the bombs were coming when they sounded the sirens unlike the virus!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:18 pm

Waste of time having an information thread then isn't it. In normal times it would have been called off topic

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Pamela1 wrote:It has been confirmed that Prince Charles has been tested positive.
Nice place to be isolated, he won't need to go out for bread will he. :mrgreen:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Wife phoned me earlier. Spain is heading for the peak. Today cases and fatalities are way up.

Let's hope that all these measures will see the numbers start to go down within a week or so.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:38 pm

I just so hope that people all over this world and their governments recognise this virus as a 'wake-up call' ... rethink their approach to animal/factory farming, industrial pollution, decimating forests, fracking etc etc etc... consider a universal free health system and an education system which encourages creativity and innovation ... tolerance and understanding ... community over individual ... co-operation and collaboration over competition and division ...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Yes, Gavilan people will do and most of the people already do but Big Business, who run governments are not interested.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:44 pm

Lavanda: so you think it is Big Business as usual when all this quietens down?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm

Hilary - can I have some of what you use when you dream of the future? :-)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Gavilan, I have no idea but I am not that optimistic that we are all going to get brains suddenly.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

and I find it impossible to believe that we will have learned nothing from this experience!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm

I hope you are right and I will be so happy if you are.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm

gavilan wrote:I just so hope that people all over this world and their governments recognise this virus as a 'wake-up call' ... rethink their approach to animal/factory farming, industrial pollution, decimating forests, fracking etc etc etc... consider a universal free health system and an education system which encourages creativity and innovation ... tolerance and understanding ... community over individual ... co-operation and collaboration over competition and division ...
So what are you contributing? Volunteering, helping local vulnerable people etc?